Medicine Overview of Gcolate Tablet
Gcolate 2mg Tablet is used in drooling or excessive salivation. Drooling or excessive salivation is a common symptom of mouth infections and certain diseases involving nerves and muscles of the face.
Visual disturbance, Reduced sweating, Irregular heart beat, Dryness in mouth, Nausea, Vomiting, Dry skin, Photophobia, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Giddiness, Difficulty in urination, Confusion.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Gcolate 2mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Gcolate 2mg Tablet is an anticholinergic medication. It works by blocking the activity of a chemical messenger (acetylcholine) which leads to deactivation of cells that produce saliva. This reduces excessive salivation or drooling.
In Depth Information on Gcolate Tablet
- Inform your doctor if you have any heart disease, heart failure, irregular heartbeats or high blood pressure as glycopyrrolate is known to increase the heart rate (tachycardia).
- Glycopyrrolate should be used with caution if you have medical conditions such as myasthenia gravis (progressive neuromuscular disease characterized by weak muscles and unusual tiredness), glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye that causes vision problem), overactive thyroid gland, enlarged prostate gland, obstruction of the stomach or bowel causing vomiting abdominal pain, chronic constipation and swelling.
- Glycopyrrolate should be used with special precautions in case of fever as it may worsen the condition.
- Avoid alcohol or any medication that may cause drowsiness.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to glycopyrrolate or any of its ingredients.
Gcolate Tablet related warnings
Gcolate 2mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
Gcolate 2mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Gcolate 2mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
Long-term use of Gcolate 2mg Tablet might reduce milk production.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
Gcolate 2mg Tablet may affect vision and coordination. This may affect your driving ability.
Gcolate 2mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Gcolate 2mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Gcolate 2mg Tablet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Gcolate Tablet
Gcolate is the most commonly used medicine for managing excessive sweating due to its anti-secretory or anticholinergic effect
Yes, Gcolate is same as glycopyrronium bromide
No, Gcolate is not known to impair fertility and has no known effects on birth control
No, Gcolate is strictly prescribed by the doctors.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Gcolate 2mg Tablet: PEN, SHC, PTI, SDM, MAX, AYM, ZEL, RSS, SJP, ARD, GTK, KAL, FGH, ATL, MPC, OLT, IAD, ENP, RKS, HEX, BBS, RPP, CRN, MAK, ESY, VRS, GBL, DHP, BAL, HBV, EQN, QTM, RSA, BNT, DHR, SYN, AVL, DFP, NXG, RWP, MDH, EMB, HSM, TOM, KHC, MAP, BHP, SSA, BTM, TFP, PNT, SVH, EPS, STA, MKT, BLP, AAY, ANP, NDP, SRG, LMS, VDH, LHA, PHN, SCH, SAF, SWA, HGI, GTC, VNS, BDN, KMC, BHA, AGT, ZPR, SPD, OHM, BRC, JJE, SWP, OWP, RPI, RUS, HTS, ADT, ANT, PVP, 9MM, TRP, CHP, THP, HIP, KNH, PWN, JVO, ZVP, TNH, UMP, USF, PRN, KIS, BAP, SBL, RDR, BHS, JIV, BMJ, PRL, RDH, PMA, GPT, BGS, SBA, DZY, JHC, QLF, HCP, UHP, NTL, DPL, BSN, DYG, MLC, CLT, BIO, NVL, MDO, DPP, MMS, MAM, VJS, RHL, GNC, SHD, RJH, AVS, OIP, IPL, NTB, JVN, WHL, LCC, DGN, DLP, UBL, NSL, ABP, AWS, HNP, GPP, HSP, SLN, BLE, JBT, HAT, WSI, BLS, MBP, GHR, BHM, AAR, SGH, HZF, BNA, NVY, KHH, TSS, MSD, DVH, PLT, SWT, JSL, SVS, AYU, EAN, RHW, HPC, AMR, DAO, 4IT, 9T9, PPR, NAS, ATP, HMP, SGC, SMN, NNP, NNH, PRT, BBN