Information about Glycopyrrolate
Glycopyrrolate is used in Anaesthesia and peptic ulcer disease. Drooling or excessive salivation is a common symptom of mouth infections and certain diseases involving nerves and muscles of the face.
How glycopyrrolate works
Glycopyrrolate is an anticholinergic medication. It works by blocking the activity of a chemical messenger (acetylcholine) in the brain.
Common side effects of glycopyrrolate
Upper respiratory tract infection, Sore throat, Runny nose
Available Medicine for Glycopyrrolate
- ₹416Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹136Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹11 to ₹119Neon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹110Icon Life Sciences2 variant(s)
- ₹11Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹14Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹12Celon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹15Miracalus Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹12Biomiicron Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹380German Remedies1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Glycopyrrolate
- You have been prescribed Glycopyrrolate to reduce excessive drooling or salivation.
- Take it at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
- It may cause constipation. Eat adequate fiber in your diet and drink plenty of water.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Glycopyrrolate may cause dizziness and blurred vision.
- It may make you sweat less. Avoid doing things that may cause you to overheat such as exercise.
- Inform your doctor if you develop nausea, vomiting, constipation or diarrhea that does not go away.
Frequently asked questions for Glycopyrrolate
Q. Is Glycopyrrolate used for excessive sweating?
Glycopyrrolate is the most commonly used medicine for managing excessive sweating due to its anti-secretory or anticholinergic effect
Q. Is Glycopyrrolate the same as glycopyrronium bromide?
Yes, Glycopyrrolate is same as glycopyrronium bromide
Q. Does Glycopyrrolate affect fertility & birth control?
No, Glycopyrrolate is not known to impair fertility and has no known effects on birth control
Q. Is Glycopyrrolate over the counter?
No, Glycopyrrolate is strictly prescribed by the doctors.