Information about Glycopyrrolate
Glycopyrrolate is used in anaesthesia.
How glycopyrrolate works
Glycopyrrolate belongs to a class of medications called anticholinergics. It decreases the secretions in the mouth, throat, airways and stomach acid.
Common side effects of glycopyrrolate
Visual disturbance, Reduced sweating, Irregular heartbeats, Dry mouth, Nausea, Vomiting, Dry skin, Photophobia, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Giddiness, Difficulty in urination, Confusion.
Available Medicine for Glycopyrrolate
- ₹45 to ₹115Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹350Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹11 to ₹128Neon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹52 to ₹102Icon Life Sciences2 variant(s)
- ₹11Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹14Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹12Celon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Glycopyrrolate
- Inform your doctor if you have any heart disease, heart failure, irregular heartbeats or high blood pressure as glycopyrrolate is known to increase the heart rate (tachycardia).
- Glycopyrrolate should be used with caution if you have medical conditions such as myasthenia gravis (progressive neuromuscular disease characterized by weak muscles and unusual tiredness), glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye that causes vision problem), overactive thyroid gland, enlarged prostate gland, obstruction of the stomach or bowel causing vomiting abdominal pain, chronic constipation and swelling.
- Glycopyrrolate should be used with special precautions in case of fever as it may worsen the condition.
- Avoid alcohol or any medication that may cause drowsiness.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to glycopyrrolate or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for Glycopyrrolate
Q. Is glycopyrrolate used for excessive sweating?
Glycopyrrolate is the most commonly used medicine for managing excessive sweating due to its anti-secretory or anticholinergic effect
Q. Is glycopyrrolate the same as glycopyrronium bromide?
Yes, glycopyrrolate is same as glycopyrronium bromide
Q. Does glycopyrrolate affect fertility & birth control?
No, glycopyrrolate is not known to impair fertility and has no known effects on birth control
Q. Is glycopyrrolate over the counter?
No, glycopyrrolate is strictly prescribed by the doctors.