food interaction for EPOTIN
alcohol interaction for EPOTIN
pregnancy interaction for EPOTIN
lactation interaction for EPOTIN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for EPOTIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for EPOTIN
- ERYPRO SAFE 40000 IU INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)BioconRs. 10147.50/ML of injectionRs. 10147.50pay 529% more per ML of injection
- ERYKINE 40000 IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9750/injectionRs. 9750pay 504% more per injection
- EPOTOP 40000IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Vhb Life Sciences IncRs. 10265/injectionRs. 10265pay 536% more per injection
- VINTOR 40000IU INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 900/ML of injectionRs. 900save 44% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for EPOTIN
- Take advice from doctor if you suffer or have suffered from fits (epilepsy), high blood pressure, severe liver failure or anemia from other causes.
- Epoetin alfa should be used with caution in patients with a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs (porphyria).
- Ask your doctor for advice if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for EPOTIN
Q.What is epoetin alfa/ epoetin alfa injection used for?
Epoetin alfa is used for treatment of anemia (low hemoglobin or abnormally reduced number of red blood cells) related to severe kidney disease, cancer chemotherapy for certain tumors or due to zidovudine treatment for HIV (Human immunodeficiency virus) infection. Epoetin alfa is also used in moderately anemic patients scheduled to have major bone surgery (hip or knee replacement surgery) to reduce the need for blood transfusion
Q.How does epoetin alfa work?
Epoetin alfa works by stimulating red blood cell production.