food interaction for ECZO WOKADINE
alcohol interaction for ECZO WOKADINE
pregnancy interaction for ECZO WOKADINE
lactation interaction for ECZO WOKADINE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ECZO WOKADINE
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ECZO WOKADINENo substitutes found
- Dr. Shuchi SinglaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Avnish SharmaMBBS, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Ramanjit SinghMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Atula GuptaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Nirupama ParwandaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for ECZO WOKADINE
- Do not take fluocinolone, if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- Do not take fluocinolone, if you have any infection in and around your eye; glaucoma (increased pressure inside your eye).
- Inform your doctor before taking the medicine, if you have had herpes infection of the eye in the past.
- Avoid using fluocinolone, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking fluocinolone because it may cause temporary vision blurring.
Frequently asked questions for ECZO WOKADINE
Q.Is fluocinolone a steroid?
Yes, fluocinolone is a steroid drug
Q.Is available or sold over the counter?
No, fluocinolone is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q.Is used for acne or psoriasis?
Fluocinolone is used for skin infections, acne, psoriasis or eye infections
Q.Is fluocinolone safe for infants?
No, fluocinolone is not safe to be used in children less than 18 years of age
Q.Is fluocinolone the same as fluocinonide?
Fluocinolone and fluocinonide are two different drugs belonging to the same class. They are used for the same indications
Q.Can fluocinolone cause hair growth?
Fluocinolone may cause hair growth at the site of application. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.
Q.Is povidone iodine the same as betadine?
Yes. Betadine is the brand (proprietary) name of povidone iodine
Q.Is povidone iodine the same as iodine or iodine tincture?
No. Povidone iodine is the stable chemical complex of povidone (polyvinylpyrrolidone i.e. PVP) and elemental iodine. Iodine tincture has iodine and potassium iodide dissolved in ethanol and water. Both the formulations show antiseptic action
Q.Does povidone iodine kill yeast, bacteria or fungus?
Yes. Povidone iodine being disinfectant and antiseptic inhibits the growth and development of microorganisms
Q.Does povidone iodine burn, stain, sting or hurt?
Topical application of povidone iodine may cause slight irritation. Temporary staining of affected area is also possible. However, it is not a matter of concern and gets resolved quickly
Q.Is povidone iodine safe?
Povidone iodine is safe when used at prescribed dose and duration as directed by doctor
Q.Does povidone iodine contain alcohol?
No. Povidone iodine is stable chemical complex of povidone (polyvinylpyrrolidone i.e. PVP) and elemental iodine
Q.Does povidone iodine stain teeth?
Povidone iodine should be used externally. It should not be used on teeth.