food interaction for COPAR
alcohol interaction for COPAR
pregnancy interaction for COPAR
lactation interaction for COPAR
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for COPAR
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for COPAR
- PARAMET 5 MG/500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.90/tabletRs. 19pay 54% more per tablet
- METOPAR 5 MG/500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Adcock Ingram Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 2.31/tabletRs. 23.07pay 88% more per tablet
- PARANORM 5 MG/500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 1.25/tabletRs. 12.50pay 2% more per tablet
- FENOMET 5MG/500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Shrinivas Gujarat Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 0.94/tabletRs. 9.45save 23% more per tablet
- DYSVON M 5MG/500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Suvik Hitek Pvt LtdRs. 1.02/tabletRs. 10.25save 17% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for COPAR
- Take metoclopramide half an hour before your meals.
- Consult a doctor immediately if you begin to have repetitive movements of the eyes, tongue, face, arm, or legs.
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to it.
- Do not take this drug if you are breast-feeding.
- Do not o drive or operate heavy machinery after taking this drug as it can make you feel drowsy.
- Avoid taking alcohol till you know how the drug affects your body.
Frequently asked questions for COPAR
Q.Is metoclopramide antacid, anticholinergic, antihistamine, steroid, antipsychotic or antibiotic?
Metoclopramide is not antacid, anticholinergic, antihistamine, steroid, antipsychotic or antibiotic. It is an antiemetic drug belonging to class of dopamine antagonists
Q.Is Metoclopramide/Reglan safe?
Metoclopramide/Reglan is a relatively safe drug if used in prescribed dose for prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.How long can I take it?
Do not take it for more than 12 weeks
Q.Are there any serious side-effects associated with metoclopramide?
Metoclopramide might cause side-effects like hallucinations, decreased consciousness, allergies, slowing of heartbeats, shaking, low blood pressure, or depression
Q.Can I take metoclopramide with diazepam?
Metoclopramide may increase the sedative effect of diazepam. Consult your doctor before taking the drug if you are also taking cetrizine, digoxin, mevacuronium, levodopa or codeine
Q.Is metoclopramide available over the counter?
No. Metoclopramide is not available as an over the counter (OTC) drug. It is dispensed only upon a valid prescription from a doctor
Q.Does affect birth control?
There is no evidence of metoclopramide affecting birth control or contraception. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking the medicine.
Q.Is paracetamol safe/ banned/ available in India?
Paracetamol (also known as acetaminophen, crocin, dolo, calpol, pacimol) is an over-the-counter drug available in India. It is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is paracetamol a painkiller/ used for cold?
Paracetamol is used to relieve mild to moderate pain associated with cold and flu, as well as fever
Q.Does paracetamol make you drowsy / sleepy?
Paracetamol does not cause drowsiness. However, paracetamol is available in combination with cough and cold medicines (eg. cetirizine, chlorpheniramine), which may cause drowsiness or sleepiness
Q.Is paracetamol an NSAID/ antibiotic?
Paracetamol is a anti-pyretic (anti-fever), anti -inflammatory drug, which belongs to the category of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). However, unlike other NSAIDS, paracetamol can relieve only mild to moderate pain. It is not an antibiotic
Q.Can I take crocin with cetirizine/ aceclofenac/ amoxicillin/ codeine/ tramadol/ warfarin/ erythromycin/ antibiotics?
Yes, paracetamol (available as crocin) can be taken with all of these drugs. Caution is advised when crocin is to be used with warfarin. However, always consult your doctor regarding combined use of crocin with any other drug
Q.Can I take crocin with ibuprofen/naproxen/other NSAID?
Paracetamol (available as crocin) is available over-the-counter in combination with ibuprofen/naproxen/other NSAID. However, always consult your doctor regarding combined use of crocin with any other drug
Q.Does paracetamol cause death?
Paracetamol on overdose can severely damage the liver and cause death. No more than 4 grams should be consumed in one day. Always consult your doctor regarding use of paracetamol
Q.Can calpol make babies/ toddlers sleep/ help in teething pain?
Calpol can relieve pain in infants and children; it does not make them sleep.