Medicine Overview of Clopam Injection
Uses of Clopam Injection
Clopam 1gm Injection is used in the treatment of organophosphate poisoing.
Side effects of Clopam Injection
Nausea, Muscle weakness, Drowsiness, Headache, Dizziness, Double vision, Blurred vision, Increased blood pressure, Hyperventilation, Increased heart rate, Accomodation disturbance.
How to use Clopam Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Clopam Injection works
Clopam 1gm injection reactivates the enzymes blocked by many pesticides (organophosphates). It is an antidote used in the poisoning of these pesticides.
In Depth Information on Clopam Injection
Expert advice for Clopam Injection
- Pralidoxime is not effective in the treatment of poisoning due to phosphorus, inorganic phosphates, or organophosphates not having anticholinesterase activity.
- Do not take pralidoxime as an antidote for poisoning due to pesticides of carbamate class, as it may increase the toxicity of carbaryl.
- You should seek treatment of organophosphate poisoning without waiting for the results of laboratory tests.
- Seek for immediate medical attention if you have abnormal heartbeat, difficulty or trouble with breathing, increased muscle weakness, or severe tiredness after receiving this medicine.
- Your breathing, blood pressure, oxygen levels, kidney function, and other vital signs will be watched closely while you are receiving pralidoxime.After treatment with pralidoxime, you may be watched for up to 72 hours to make sure that you no longer have any effects of the poison or drug overdose.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Clopam 1gm Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Clopam 1gm Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Clopam 1gm Injection should be used with caution during lact+more
ation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
It is not known whether Clopam 1gm Injection alters the abil+more
ity to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Clopam 1gm Injection should be used with caution in patients+more
with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Clopam 1gm Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Clopam+more
1gm Injection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Pralidoxime, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Clopam 1gm Injection
Frequently asked questions for Pralidoxime
Clopam works by reactivating the enzyme acetylcholinesterase, which has been inactivated by pesticides or certain drugs, and breaks down the excess acetylcholine resulting from poisoning. Thus, it helps in reversing muscle weakness or respiratory depression caused by poisoning or drug over dosing.
Substitutes for Clopam Injection
Unipam 1gm Injection
Vhb Life Sciences Inc