food interaction for CAPNEA
alcohol interaction for CAPNEA
pregnancy interaction for CAPNEA
lactation interaction for CAPNEA
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CAPNEA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CAPNEA
- CAPNEA 20 MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 242/ML of injectionRs. 242pay 2% more per ML of injection
- CAFIRATE 20 MG INJECTION(1.5 ML injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 230.67/ML of injectionRs. 346save 2% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for CAPNEA
- For relief of pain, consume the medicine only at recommended doses. Immediately consult doctor in case you take more than the prescribed/ recommended dose even if you feel well. Also consult the doctor if the symptoms last for more than 3 days despite taking the medicine.
- Preparations of caffeine and ergot derivatives have been discontinued in view of patient safety.
- When caffeine citrate solution is used for premature apnea of newborns, remember to use one vial of the drug for one dose. Throw away the left-over solution after required amount is used.
Frequently asked questions for CAPNEA
Q.What is caffeine?
Caffeine is a drug which belongs to a group of medicines called methylxanthines. It is also present in tea, coffee, some chocolates and soft drinks, in addition to some medicines. It acts on the brain to increase alertness and energy levels. However, too much caffeine is harmful
Q.Is caffeine alcohol?
No, caffeine is not alcohol; it belongs to a group of medicines called methylxanthines. It acts on the brain to increase alertness and energy levels. However, it must be remembered that too much caffeine is harmful
Q.Is caffeine good or bad?
Caffeine; if taken as medicine for recommended indications and in adequate dosage it provides beneficial effects. Too much caffeine is harmful. Always consult your doctor if you get any of the bad effects or side effects after use of caffeine
Q.Is caffeine good for hair?
There is no report available on the use of caffeine and hair growth. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is caffeine addictive?
No, caffeine is not in the list of addictive drugs. Addiction is said to occur when there is persistent, compulsive dependence on a behavior or substance; without treatment or engagement in recovery activities, addiction is progressive and can result in disability or premature death. Caffeine does not meet this definition. However, people who have taken it for long may experience "caffeine withdrawal" symptoms like headache, anxiety, fatigue, drowsiness or depression, 12–24 hours after the last dose of caffeine but resolves within 24–48 hours
Q.Is caffeine good for heart?
Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant, and is used in combination with pain-relieving medication to ease headache, migraine pain, neuralgia, toothache, sore throat and period pains. Increased doses may have side effects like increased heart rate (tachycardia), abnormal heart beats (cardiac arrhythmias). Always consult your doctor for the recommended indications, doses and side effects, if any.