food interaction for AMLOCHOL
alcohol interaction for AMLOCHOL
pregnancy interaction for AMLOCHOL
lactation interaction for AMLOCHOL
Taking Atorvastation with alcohol may increase the risk of liver damage.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for AMLOCHOL
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for AMLOCHOL
- MODLIP AM 2.5 MG/10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.50/tabletRs. 95pay 141% more per tablet
- NUMLOTOR 2.5 MG/10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.24/tabletRs. 82.40pay 109% more per tablet
- ASOMEX CV 2.5 MG/10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5.84/tabletRs. 58.41pay 48% more per tablet
- ESLOVA 2.5MG/10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 5/tabletRs. 50.01pay 27% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
Expert advice for AMLOCHOL
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Amlodipine can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Amlodipine can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Amlodipine. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Amlodipine may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Maintain a normal body weight (body mass index, 18.5-24.9 kg/m2).
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- Limit alcohol consumption to less than or equal to 2 drinks per day (1oz or 30ml ethanol eg 24oz beer, 10 oz wine, or 3 oz 80-proof whiskey).
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.
Frequently asked questions for AMLOCHOL
Q.Is amlodipine safe?
Amlodipine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is amlodipine a diuretic/ blood thinner/ beta-blocker/ statin/ ACE inhibitor or a nitrate?
Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker, not a diuretic, blood thinner, beta-blocker, statin, ACE inhibitor or a nitrate
Q.Can I take amlodipine with Viagra?
Amlodipine does not have any significant interaction with sildenafil, the active ingredient of Viagra. However, consult your doctor before taking both the drugs together
Q.Does amlodipine cause gout or coughing?
Amlodipine does not cause gout, in fact it can be taken by gout patients for the appropriate indication. Coughing is a very rare side effect of amlodipine
Q.What is Eslo 2.5 or Amlopres-5 used for?
Eslo 2.5 or Amlopres-5 are some of the trade names of amlodipine and used for the same indications as amlodipine.
Q.What is tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20?
Atorvastatin (also available as tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20) belong to group of medications called statins (lipid-lowering agents) or HMG CoA reductase inhibitors. It acts by blocking the enzyme HMG CoA reductase and formation of cholesterol, thus, lowering the blood lipid levels.
Q.Is atorvastatin same as simvastatin/ pravastatin?
Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (or statins) with similar action but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Is atorvastatin diuretic/ beta blocker/ ace inhibitor?
No. Atorvastatin belongs to class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor or statins
Q.It atorvastatin gluten free?
Yes. It is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Is it a blood thinner?
No. it is a lipid lowering drug
Q.Is atorvastatin better than simvastatin/ pravastatin?
Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same category of medications with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response. Always consult your doctor regarding its use.