food interaction for ACT NVP
alcohol interaction for ACT NVP
pregnancy interaction for ACT NVP
lactation interaction for ACT NVP
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ACT NVP
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ACT NVP TABLET
Patients taking ACT NVP TABLET
- 46%Once A Day
- 34%Thrice A Day
- 20%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ACT NVP
- DOXINATE 10 MG/10 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Maneesh Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.31/tabletRs. 129.45save 27% more per tablet
- PREGNIDOXIN NU 10 MG/10 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 3.58/tabletRs. 53.75save 39% more per tablet
- DOXYLA B6 10 MG/10 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Maneesh Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.48/tabletRs. 104.50save 41% more per tablet
- GOODMORN 10 MG/10 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)DWD Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.90/tabletRs. 117save 34% more per tablet
- REST AID 10MG/10MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Overseas Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 3.51/tabletRs. 105.30save 41% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for ACT NVP
- If you have glaucoma (raised pressure in the eye), asthma, bronchitis (inflammation of air passages), emphysema (blocking of air flow to the lungs) or other chronic lung diseases.
- If you have problems with urination or an enlarged prostate.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
Frequently asked questions for ACT NVP
Q.Is doxylamine addictive/habit-forming?
Doxylamine, if used improperly or for a long-time may cause addiction
Q.Is doxylamine a blood-thinner/anticholinergic/sleep aid?
Doxylamine is not a blood-thinner. But is does have anticholinergic property. It induces sleep and hence, is prescribed for short-term treatment of insomnia as a sleep aid
Q.Is doxylamine safe?
Yes. Doxylamine is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q.Is doxylamine the same as diphenhydramine?
No. Doxylamine and diphenhydramine are two different drugs from the same class called antihistamines
Q.Can I take doxylamine with ibuprofen, prednisone, pseudoephedrine, Zyrtec, citalopram, or Benadryl?
Yes. Doxylamine can be taken with ibuprofen, prednisone, pseudoephedrine, Zyrtec (cetrizine), citalopram, or Benadryl if prescribed by your doctor
Q.Does doxylamine cause weight-gain, drowsiness, high blood pressure, dementia, diarrhea, tiredness, or Alzheimer's disease?
Doxylamine may cause drowsiness, tiredness, diarrhea, or increase the blood pressure. However, it does not cause weight gain, dementia or Alzheimer's disease
Q.Can I take doxylamine succinate if I have high blood pressure?
Doxylamine may cause increase in blood pressure if you already suffer from hypertension. It is advisable to consult your doctor before use
Q.Is Doxylamine a narcotic drug?
No. Doxylamine is not a narcotic drug.