It is used to treat cough and relieve nasal congestion. It also provides effective relief from dry cough as well as throat irritation. The syrup is particularly effective against acute non-productive cough and unlike commonly available cough syrups, it does not cause drowsiness. It works as a natural cough remedy that has both antimicrobial as well as anti-inflammatory properties. It is packed with the wellness of herbs that play a key role in improving your respiratory health.
It contains herbs such as tulsi, mulethi, pippali, banaphsa, sunthi, pudina
, honey and other herbs that play a key role in treating cough, sore throat and congestion. While Tulsi
helps soothe the respiratory airway by helping you cough out the sticky mucus, mulethi
is known to soothe your throat and give immediate relief. Similarly, dry ginger, popularly known as sukku or sonth
, helps to reduce phlegm (mucus) production. Pippali
effectively treats cough, asthma, and bronchitis. It helps to rejuvenate the lungs by expelling out the mucus from the respiratory tract. Pudina
acts as an expectorant and helps in the expulsion of phlegm, thus helping you to recover faster. With antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, honey is not only heavenly for your taste buds but also helps ease sore throat pain. It is also an effective cough suppressant and helps to reduce the severity of cough symptoms.
The supplement is usually safe and can be taken by people across all age groups, including children as well as old people. Moreover, it contains natural ingredients that lower the risk of side effects. In case your symptoms worsen or fail to improve or if you are allergic to any of the ingredients, n it is wise to get in touch with your doctor.
- Tulsi: 50 mg
- Mulethi: 50 mg
- Banaphsa: 50 mg
- Kantkari: 50 mg
- Talispatra: 50 mg
- Sunthi: 25 mg
- Pippali: 25 mg
- Vasaka: 25 mg
- Shati: 25 mg
- Pudina Satva: 3 mg
- Shudha Madhu: 1.75 g
Key benefits/uses of Dabur Honitus Herbal Cough Remedy:
- Is effective in treating dry cough
- Reduces the irritation that triggers dry cough
- Acts as a natural expectorant, bringing out phlegm
- Relieves the congestion commonly experienced with a cold
- Possess antimicrobial and antibacterial properties
- Helps in the expulsion of phlegm, thus aiding in fast recovery
- Boosts the production of antibodies, thereby preventing infections
- Helps soothe the respiratory airway by helping you cough out the sticky mucus
- Acts as a powerful and natural antitussive and expectorant agent
Direction for use:
Take this syrup as advised by your doctor. Ideally, adults should take 2 teaspoons of syrup 3-4 times a day whereas children can be given one teaspoon of this syrup, 3-4 times a day to help improve the symptoms of cough.
Quick tips for Dabur Honitus Herbal Cough Remedy:
- Along with the tablet, it is advised to have a healthy diet loaded with essential nutrients.
- Take the medicine at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully to get the most out of this medication.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking as they may affect or be affected by this medicine.
- Read the label carefully before use, and do not exceed the recommended dosage of the tablet.
- Always use this medicine under medical supervision.
- Do not take it if you are allergic to it or any of its ingredients.
- In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
Side effects of Dabur Honitus Herbal Cough Remedy:
This syrup is usually safe and doesn't cause any side effects when taken as per the doctor's recommendation. However, if your symptoms fail to show any improvement or if you experience any symptoms post taking this syrup, then inform your doctor and get treated immediately.
Storage and safety information:
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
FAQs related to Dabur Honitus Herbal Cough Remedy:
Q. How do you use Dabur Honitus Cough Syrup?
Packed with the wellness of Ayurvedic herbs, this herbal remedy should be taken as recommended by your doctor. Ideally, it is suggested that adults take 2 spoonfuls of this syrup 3-4 times a day, and children take a teaspoon of this syrup 3-4 times a day to get rid of cough.
Q. Is honey good for cough?
Research suggests that as compared to medicines, honey was found to be more effective in treating dry cough. The thick, sticky and anti-bacterial nature of honey helps in coating the mucus membranes at the back of the throat and reduces the irritation that triggers dry cough. With antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, honey also helps ease sore throat pain. It is also an effective cough suppressant. Taking a teaspoonful of honey before going to bed at night can help reduce the severity of cough symptoms.
Q. Is Honitus good for cold?
It is a blend of age-old traditional cough formula which combines various herbs with honey. This syrup is known to provide effective relief from sore throat, cough and cold. It is a good anti-allergic expectorant that relieves congestion.
Q. What are cough expectorants?
Expectorants are drugs that enhance the expulsion of mucus by air passages of the lungs. They work by thinning the mucus, making it easier to cough it out.
Q. Is Dabur Honitus effective?
This syrup was found safe and effective in reducing throat irritation and symptoms of acute nonproductive or dry cough. It also helps cut down the frequencies of cough during the day as well as at nighttime. It is also known to improve the symptoms of cough and help in treating respiratory problems.
Q. What is non-productive cough?
A dry cough is a type of cough which does not produce any mucus or phlegm. Hence, it is called non-productive cough. While on the other hand, a productive cough results from the presence of mucus or other fluid within the upper or lower respiratory tract. The medicines that work best for dry cough are cough suppressants. They relieve cough by blocking the cough reflex.
Q. Is honey good for a sore throat?
Honey is one of the best remedies for a sore throat due to its natural antibacterial properties. This property allows honey to act as a wound healer, offering immediate relief from pain while reducing inflammation.