NABL, NABH, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Total Leucocyte Count
This test is ordered as a part of CBC, which may be performed when an individual undergoes a routine health examination. It is also commonly ordered when you have signs and symptoms of infection like fever, body aches, headache. Sometimes, it may be ordered when a particular therapy known to affect the WBC’s such as radiation or chemotherapy is started.
Why Get Tested
- As a part of complete blood count or routine health check up
- If you have signs or symptoms of infections or inflammation like fever, chills, body aches, headache
- If your doctor is suspecting an autoimmune disorder
- It is also ordered periodically to monitor the effectiveness of treatment after radiation therapy or chemotherapy
- No special preparation required
What Results of Total Leucocyte Count mean?
- High TLC also called leucocytosis may be seen in a large number of conditions like infections usually bacterial or viral, inflammatory disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, leukemia and conditions that result in tissue death like trauma, burns etc
- Low TLC also called leucopenia can be seen in vitamin B12 deficiency, bone marrow damage with drugs, radiation, disease of immune system like HIV
Max Lab runs 11 NABL accredited, 24×7 operational laboratories in Delhi NCR, Punjab and Uttaranchal. Our labs are equipped with fully automated state-of-art technology and infrastructure to achieve the highest level of excellence and quality results. With over 500 highly trained staff and over 70 doctors who are trained in various sub-specialities at the best institutes in India and overseas, Max Lab boasts of having highly qualified haematologists, histopathologists, biochemists and microbiologists. We evaluate over 50, 00,000 samples every year with access to sample quantities not readily available to most institutions. This depth of experience directly benefits us in catering to the patient with complex or rare cases and in interpreting unusual results. At the core of our expertise is the ability to provide our patients with an extensive and ever-growing portfolio of cutting-edge and routine testing for a broad range of disease states. Our capability enables us to quickly and easily move from a sound diagnostic course of action to confident decision making for improved patient care. Max Healthcare, a leading name in the healthcare industry, brings its medical expertise and hospital-quality healthcare in the comfort of your home through Max@Home. With a special purpose to help people lead a life with independence and dignity, we deliver our services with compassion, excellence and reliability. To help you help you recover faster and lead a comfortable life, we provide nursing care attendants, physiotherapists and doctors for home visits. We also arrange for home sample collection and facilitate medical equipment on rent.