NABL, NABH, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Progesterone
This test is ordered during an infertility assessment of a women, to determine the specific time of ovulation, when symptoms like abdominal pain and spotting suggest an ectopic pregnancy. It can be periodically done during pregnancy to determine placenta and fetal health.
Why Get Tested
- If a woman is undergoing infertility screening or treatment
- If there are symptoms suggesting ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage like abdominal pain, bleeding
- If a woman is in a high-risk pregnancy to monitor placental and fetal health
- If there is abnormal uterine bleeding
- If there is a need to induce ovolation for infertility treatment
- To track ovolation
- No special preparation required
What Results of Progesterone mean?
- High progesterone levels may be seen in ovarian cysts, molar pregnancies, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, ovarian cancer
- Low progesterone levels may be caused by lacks of periods, miscarriage, death of baby inside the womb or ectopic pregnancy, decreased ovarian function
Max Lab runs 11 NABL accredited, 24×7 operational laboratories in Delhi NCR, Punjab and Uttaranchal. Our labs are equipped with fully automated state-of-art technology and infrastructure to achieve the highest level of excellence and quality results. With over 500 highly trained staff and over 70 doctors who are trained in various sub-specialities at the best institutes in India and overseas, Max Lab boasts of having highly qualified haematologists, histopathologists, biochemists and microbiologists. We evaluate over 50, 00,000 samples every year with access to sample quantities not readily available to most institutions. This depth of experience directly benefits us in catering to the patient with complex or rare cases and in interpreting unusual results. At the core of our expertise is the ability to provide our patients with an extensive and ever-growing portfolio of cutting-edge and routine testing for a broad range of disease states. Our capability enables us to quickly and easily move from a sound diagnostic course of action to confident decision making for improved patient care. Max Healthcare, a leading name in the healthcare industry, brings its medical expertise and hospital-quality healthcare in the comfort of your home through Max@Home. With a special purpose to help people lead a life with independence and dignity, we deliver our services with compassion, excellence and reliability. To help you help you recover faster and lead a comfortable life, we provide nursing care attendants, physiotherapists and doctors for home visits. We also arrange for home sample collection and facilitate medical equipment on rent.