NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
The blood chloride test is usually ordered as part of basic metabolic panel, which is ordered frequently as part of a routine physical. It may be ordered when acidosis or alkalosis is suspected or you have an acute condition with symptoms that may include the following like prolonged vomiting and/or diarrhea, weakness, fatigue, respiratory distress. It can also be ordered if you are taking a medicine that can cause electrolyte imbalance. Metabolic panel is ordered to monitor certain problems including high blood pressure, heart failure, or kidney disease.
Why Get Tested
- As a part of basic metabolic panel or an electrolyte panel
- In cases of suspected acidosis or alkalosis
- If you have an acute condition with symptoms like weakness, fatigue, prolonged vomiting, difficolty in breathing
- To monitor certain problems like high blood pressure, heart failure, liver or kidney disease
No special preparation required
- Increased level of blood chloride may be seen in dehydration but can also occur with other problems that cause high sodium like Cushing's syndrome or kidney disease
- Decreased level of blood chloride may be seen with conditions causing low sodium levels like congestive heart failure, prolonged vomiting, emphysema, lung diseases
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare isRead More
Service was very excellent
Best service. On time delivery if reports. They did what they said.