What is CT Guided Fnac?
The CT guided fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) uses a fine automated needle / syringe to collect sample of the cells, fluid and not tissues from the tumor in a cancer patient or cancer suspected patient. This sample of the cell or body fluid is then examined under a microscope for confirmation of the cancer. THe test involves purely cytopathological so is restricted to cell or cytological studies only and not histopathological (related to tissues)
Preparation for CT Guided Fnac
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
Why Get Tested for CT Guided Fnac?
- To detect and diagnose cancer in deep seated organs which cannot be accessed with invasive surgical procedures
- To evaluate the recurrence of a cancer following therapy and monitor the efficacy of the treatment (chemotherapy) for tumors already diagnosed
- To differentiate between benign tumor (localized) and malignant tumor (spreading cancer)
- To diagnose breast cancer, prostate cancer, skin cancer, colon / rectum cancer, lung cancer, blood cancer, lymph node cancer
- To monitor the characterization and progression of the stages of cancer (stage I - stage IV)
Hamdard Imaging Centre
Hamdard Nagar, NEW DELHI
Hamdard Imaging centre has been established with a vision to provide latest and advanced technology for everyone at an affordable cost without compromising on quality and care .We strive to upgrade our equipments , technology and integrate latest advances in imaging.Established in 2013 under an agreement between Jamia Hamdard and Clearmedi Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. to provide radiological services to the well established HAH Centenary Hospital, Hamdard Institute Medical Science and Research (HIMSR).