The Computed Tomography based Angiography of the vertebral arteries is an imaging procedure in which the rotating beams of X-rays are used after injection of a contrast material to create a detailed image of the vertebral arteries, which are major blood vessel passing through the neck and supplying blood to the brain.
Why Get Tested
- To evaluate the vertebral arteries in case of physical trauma or injur;
- To evaluate any weak points of the blood vessels or aneurys;
- To check for blockages in blood vessels due to plaque deposition or blood clot formatio;
- To assess the risk of stroke due to reduced blood supply to the brai;
- To plan and check efficacy of treatments for blockages including stents and grafts
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Hamdard Imaging Centre
Hamdard Imaging centre has been established with a vision to provide latest and advanced technology for everyone at an affordable cost without compromising on quality and care .We strive to upgradeRead More