Test Results & Interpretations
It is ordered when you have signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis like pain or swelling in the joints and morning stiffness. It is also used to differentiate Rheumatoid arthritis from other forms of arthritis.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs or symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis like pain or swelling in the joints and morning stiffness
- It is also used to differentiate Rheumatoid arthritis from other forms of arthritis
No special preparation required
- The readings are usually read in conjunction with person’s symptoms and clinical history.
- The presence of significant concentrations of rheumatoid factor usually indicates rheumatoid arthritis. However, positive RF test may be seen in SLE, scleroderma, endocarditis, tuberculosis etc.
- A negative test usually rules out rheumatoid arthritis
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is the RF test diagnostic?
No, it is not a completely diagnostic test since levels may be increased in other diseases as well. Anti cyclic citrulinated peptide (Anti CCP) test should be done along with Rheumatoid factor test to diagnose Rheumatoid arthritis.
The PNDT registered Genetic Laboratory & Genetic Counselling center at DNA Xperts is the first of its kind center in East Delhi to offer Genetic Testing & Genetic Counselling services. GeneticRead More