Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Chloride
The blood chloride test is usually ordered as part of basic metabolic panel, which is ordered frequently as part of a routine physical. It may be ordered when acidosis or alkalosis is suspected or you have an acute condition with symptoms that may include the following like prolonged vomiting and/or diarrhea, weakness, fatigue, respiratory distress. It can also be ordered if you are taking a medicine that can cause electrolyte imbalance. Metabolic panel is ordered to monitor certain problems including high blood pressure, heart failure, or kidney disease.
Why Get Tested
- As a part of basic metabolic panel or an electrolyte panel
- In cases of suspected acidosis or alkalosis
- If you have an acute condition with symptoms like weakness, fatigue, prolonged vomiting, difficolty in breathing
- To monitor certain problems like high blood pressure, heart failure, liver or kidney disease
- No special preparation required
What Results of Chloride mean?
- Increased level of blood chloride may be seen in dehydration but can also occur with other problems that cause high sodium like Cushing's syndrome or kidney disease
- Decreased level of blood chloride may be seen with conditions causing low sodium levels like congestive heart failure, prolonged vomiting, emphysema, lung diseases
Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited was registered at Registrar of Companies Mumbai on 19 March, 2010 and is categorised as Company limited by Shares and an Non-govt company. Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited's Corporate Identification Number (CIN) is U85195MH2010PTC201078 and Registeration Number is 201078. Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited registered address on file is AL - 1 / 545 & 546, SECTOR 16, AIROLI, NAVI MUMBAI MH 400708 IN, Navi Mumbai - 400708, Maharashtra, India. Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited currently have 2 Active Directors / Partners: Jagdish Umakant Nayak, Jyoti Jagdish Nayak, and there are no other Active Directors / Partners in the company except these 2 officials. Clinitech Laboratory Private Limited is involved in Community, Personal & Social Services Activity