Test Results & Interpretations
When you have low blood glucose levels with symptoms such as sweating, palpitations, dizziness, fainting; when you have diabetes and your health practitioner wants to monitor your insulin production; sometimes when it is suspected that you have insulin resistance.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs or symptoms of low blood glucose (hypoglycemia) like sweating, hunger, confusion, blurred vision, dizziness, palpitations and sometimes fainting
- In case of suspected type 2 diabetes, polycystic ovarian syndrome, heart disease or metabolic syndrome
- To determine the start of insolin therapy if you are a diabetic
- In case of suspected insolinoma
- To detect insolin resistance
Give your blood sample 2 hours after the start of a meal.
- High insulin levels along with normal fasting glucose level indicate insulin resistance. Causes of high fasting insulin levels are acromegaly, Cushing syndrome, insulinomas, obesity
- Normal insulin level along with low fasting glucose level usually indicate hypoglycemia due to excess insulin
- Low insulin level with high fasting glucose level usually mean that there is not enough insulin produced by beta cells which may be seen in diabetes, pancreatitis
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I do a home insulin test?
No, insulin test requires special instruments so, it can only be done in laboratories
Q. How often should the test be done?
Your physician might ask you to repeat this test once in a year or at the start of your diabetes treatment. It is not done on a regular basis.
Thyrocare Technologies Limited is India's first and most advanced Totally Automated Laboratory having its strong presence in more than 2000 cities / towns in India and internationally. Thyrocare isRead More
Excellent service and delivery in very short period. Highly impressive
Himadri Shekhar Das
Available at Other Labs