Hepatitis B Virus - Viral Load, Quantitative
You need to provide
This test is for
What is HBV Quant.?
This test is ordered when you have signs and symptoms of acute hepatitis like loss of appetite, jaundice, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain.
Why is HBV Quant. done?
- It is ordered in the management of patients with chronic hepatitis B infection and currently on antiviral therapy
- It is typically done at diagnosis of hepatitis B for baseline values and during the course of therapy to assess the response of treatment.
Interpreting HBV Quant. results
Results are categorized into 3 levels
- Low or undetectable viral load means that the lab equipment cannot detect it and viral load is less than approximately 300 copies/mL
- Moderate levels are about 10,000 – 90,000 copies/mL
- High levels indicate quantities over 100,000 copies/mL, which is considered clinically significant
MEDCIS Pathlabs India Private Limited has emerged as a Clinical Investigation Services provider of world-class healthcare services at affordable costs, in all medical branches. With increased use of global technology in diagnosis, MEDCIS Pathlabs is committed in helping improve the quality of patient care by providing reports that support clinical decision-making for doctors. MEDCIS has build on strategy to deliver integrated testing solutions to our customers. Rather than competing with its...