Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Hepatitis B Virus - Viral Load, Quantitative
This test is ordered when you have signs and symptoms of acute hepatitis like loss of appetite, jaundice, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain.
Why Get Tested
- It is ordered in the management of patients with chronic hepatitis B infection and currently on antiviral therapy
- It is typically done at diagnosis of hepatitis B for baseline values and during the course of therapy to assess the response of treatment.
- No special preparation required
What Results of Hepatitis B Virus - Viral Load, Quantitative mean?
Results are categorized into 3 levels
- Low or undetectable viral load means that the lab equipment cannot detect it and viral load is less than approximately 300 copies/mL
- Moderate levels are about 10,000 – 90,000 copies/mL
- High levels indicate quantities over 100,000 copies/mL, which is considered clinically significant
Patient Concerns about Hepatitis B Virus - Viral Load, Quantitative
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Should I get the HBV vaccine?
Yes, ideally all individuals should get themselves vaccinated against Hepatitis B virus.
MEDCIS Pathlabs India Private Limited has emerged as a Clinical Investigation Services provider of world-class healthcare services at affordable costs, in all medical branches. With increased use ofRead More