What is MRI Cervical Spine?
An MRI cervical spine with contrast is used to visualise the first seven vertebral bones (C1 - C7) of the spinal column (back bone) which are located in the neck region. It is also helpful in visualising their intervertebral discs and the surrounding soft tissues like skin and muscles. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed and clear 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes.
Preparation for MRI Cervical Spine
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
Why Get Tested for MRI Cervical Spine?
- To find the cause of the neck pain or upper back pain that lasts for a long time
- To look for any injury or fracture of the spinal bones (vertebrae)
- To diagnose any suspected tumors (abnormal growth), arthritis, osteoporosis (thinning of the bones) or infections of the spine
- To detect any suspected disc problems like spondylolisthesis (dislocation or slipping of one vertebra over the other), degeneration of the disc or herniated disc
- To look for any abnormalities in the curvature of the spine like lordosis (excessive inward curve of spine), kyphosis (excessive outward curve of spine also known as hunch back), scoliosis (side to side abnormal curvature) or birth defects
Focus Diagnostic HSR
HSR Layout, BANGALORE
Focus Diagnostics Centre and Speciality Clinics is a private ownership diagnostic center located in the heart of Rajajinagar, HSR Layout Bangalore and was established on February 7th 2010 with the sole aim of providing world class diagnostic facilities and ambience at affordable price that can cater to a common man. Focus diagnostic also has some 40 superspecialist doctors with considerable pedigree practising at its place, who also believe in the same thought of Focus on providing best healthcare at affordable prices. FOCUS DIAGNOSTICS CENTRE AND SPECIALITY CLINICS WAS started with one and sole aim to introduce state of art diagnostic facilities and technology to aid in accurate diagnosis in aworld class ambience at affordable costs. It includes the latest MRI 1.5 tesla 18 channel which is one of the fastest in its segment,Also includes a high end CT scanner,4D ultrasound,Digital X-ray and mammography facilities.Our sole aim is to reach the common man and show that great technology and world class facilities can be used by him too.FOCUS DIAGNOSTICS CENTRE AND SPECIALITY CLINICS has a wonderful and highly skillful team which also includes over 20 superspecialists in their respective fields who practise at FOCUS and give wonderful service to the common man.