Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Angiotensin Converting Enzyme
When you have granulomas that produce small bumps under the skin, a lingering cough, red watery eyes, and/or other symptoms suggestive of sarcoidosis; regularly when you have active sarcoidosis to monitor its course.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs or symptoms suggestive of sarcoidosis like chronic cough or shortness of breath, watery eyes, joint pains or grnaolaomas
- If you have been already diagnosed with sarcoidosis, this test may be ordered routinely to monitor the disease activity
- No special preparation required
What Results of Angiotensin Converting Enzyme mean?
- An increased ACE level in a person with clinical findings suggestive of sarcoidosis means that it is likely that a person has an active case of sarcoidosis, if other diseases have been ruled out. The finding of a high ACE level helps to confirm the diagnosis
- A normal ACE level cannot be sued to rule out sarcoidosis since sarcoidosis may be present without an elevated ACE level
- It may also be used to monitor the course of treatment in sarcoidosis. An initial high level which decreases over time usually indicates spontaneous or therapy induced remission and a favorable prognosis. On the other hand, a rising ACE level may indicate either the disease is not responding or it is progressing
Patient Concerns about Angiotensin Converting Enzyme
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Are there any other conditions except sarcoidosis which can lead to increased or decreased ACE levels?
Decreased ACE levels may also be seen in lung diseases like emphysema, hypothyroidism, starvation, steroid therapy. The levels may be moderately increased in hyperthyroidism, diabetes, alcoholic cirrhosis, lymphoma, tuberculosis, leprosy
Welcome to Asian Diagnostics, an organization that has been successfully delivering high quality medical Diagnostic Services in Karnataka and South India for over 15 years. Established in 1999, it is based out of Bangalore with branches in Mysore, Hassan and Vijayapura. Asian Diagnostics has continued to evolve over the years to cater to the needs of doctors and patients alike and offers an extensive range of clinical diagnostic tests making it a one-stop destination for the best in Diagnostic Services. Asian Diagnostics is proud to have successfully completed the NABL accreditation and is one of the few NABL Accredited Labs in Bangalore. Operated by a team of highly skilled and committed professionals, it has remained committed to its objective of providing high quality, accurate and reliable diagnostic services at affordable prices to its ever growing customer base. Asian diagnostics is currently THE LARGEST ALLERGY TEST CENTER IN INDIA. It is the first laboratory in the state to perform quantitative 'Food Intolerance' tests
Available at Other Labs