NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of Packed Cell Volume
What is Packed Cell Volume?
This test is usually done as a part of routine health check up, when you have symptoms of anemia like fatigue, weakness, or polycythemia like headaches. If you are already taking medicines for anemia, your doctor will order this test to monitor the response to treatment. Even when you are dehydrated, get your packed cell volume test done for the evaluation of extent and monitoring for treatment.
The sample type collected for Packed Cell Volume is: Blood
Preparation for Packed Cell Volume
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Packed Cell Volume?
- As a part of complete blood count (CBC) or general health examination
- If you have signs or symptoms suggestive of anemia like fatigue, pale skin, shortness of breath
- If you have signs or symptoms of increased red blood cell count or hemoglobin like headaches, disturbed vision, dizziness, enlarged spleen
- If you have symptoms of severe dehydration
What Results of Packed Cell Volume mean?
- Low PCV with low hemoglobin and RBC count indicate anemia. Some common causes are: excessive loss of blood, iron or vitamin B12 deficiency, bone marrow disorders like aplastic anemia, chronic kidney disease, hemolytic anemia
- High PCV with high RBC count and hemoglobin indicates polycythemia. Some causes of high hematocrit are dehydration, lung disease, congenital heart disease, smoking, high altitude, kidney tumors
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the patient as a customer and an established consumer healthcare brand associated with quality services, in a market where patients generally choose their diagnostic healthcare service provider. Well-positioned to leverage upon one of the fastest-growing segments of the Indian healthcare industry. A network whose growth yields greater economies of scale, combined with a hub and spoke model that is scalable for further growth. Centralized information technology platform that fully integrates our network and is scalable. Attractive financial performance, financial profile and return on invested capital. Experienced leadership team with strong industry expertise and successful track record. Some of our laboratories have achieved International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, certification for their quality systems. Our National Reference Laboratory has obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification (for the performance of routine and advanced diagnostic pathology testing services, including clinical trials), ISO 15189:2007 (for quality management in medical laboratories), ISO 15189:2012 certification (in the field of medical testing) and ISO 27001:2013 certification (for establishing an effective information management system that maintains and processes information security at our data center).