NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of C-Peptide
What is C-Peptide?
C peptide is a protein excreted by the kidneys and is a by product of insulin production.
The sample type collected for C-Peptide is: Blood
Preparation for C-Peptide
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for C-Peptide?
- To assess insulin production by the body from pancreas
- If you have insulin resistance i.e. type 2 diabetes and the doctor wants to see if you need insulin supplement externally
- It may be ordered along with blood glucose levels to identify the cause of hypoglycaemia if you have symptoms like fainting, shivering, confusion, sweating, palpitations etc.
- To diagnose tumors of the pancreas – insulinoma
- To assess amount of insulin production if you are a type 1 diabetic
What Results of C-Peptide mean?
- High level of C peptide usually means there is high insulin production in the body as compared to the glucose intake which is interpreted as insulin resistance and diabetes type 2.
- Low levels mean low insulin production in case of type 1 diabetes and excessive external insulin injections.
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the patient as a customer and an established consumer healthcare brand associated with quality services, in a market where patients generally choose their diagnostic healthcare service provider. Well-positioned to leverage upon one of the fastest-growing segments of the Indian healthcare industry. A network whose growth yields greater economies of scale, combined with a hub and spoke model that is scalable for further growth. Centralized information technology platform that fully integrates our network and is scalable. Attractive financial performance, financial profile and return on invested capital. Experienced leadership team with strong industry expertise and successful track record. Some of our laboratories have achieved International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, certification for their quality systems. Our National Reference Laboratory has obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification (for the performance of routine and advanced diagnostic pathology testing services, including clinical trials), ISO 15189:2007 (for quality management in medical laboratories), ISO 15189:2012 certification (in the field of medical testing) and ISO 27001:2013 certification (for establishing an effective information management system that maintains and processes information security at our data center).