NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of C-Peptide
C peptide is a protein excreted by the kidneys and is a by product of insulin production.
Why Get Tested
- To assess insolin production by the body from pancreas
- If you have insolin resistance i.e. type 2 diabetes and the doctor wants to see if you need insolin supplement externally
- It may be ordered along with blood glucose levels to identify the cause of hypoglycaemia if you have symptoms like fainting, shivering, confusion, sweating, palpitations etc.
- To diagnose tumors of the pancreas – insolinoma
- To assess amount of insolin production if you are a type 1 diabetic
- No special preparation required
What Results of C-Peptide mean?
- High level of C peptide usually means there is high insulin production in the body as compared to the glucose intake which is interpreted as insulin resistance and diabetes type 2.
- Low levels mean low insulin production in case of type 1 diabetes and excessive external insulin injections.
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficientRead More