NABL, ISO, CAP
What is Toxoplasma gondii - IgG?
Toxoplasmosis is an infection caused by the parasite Toxoplasma gondii. Toxoplasma gondii - IgG test detects antibodies in the blood that are produced in response to an infection.
The sample type collected for Toxoplasma gondii - IgG is: Blood
Preparation for Toxoplasma gondii - IgG
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Toxoplasma gondii - IgG?
- To help in diagnosis when symptoms of toxoplasmosis appear in pregnant women or immunocompromised people, including flu like symptoms of fever, headache, sore throat, weakness, swollen lymph nodes, etc.
- When an exposure to the pathogen is suspected and symptoms are yet undetermined
- To determine if a person has been previously infected
- To determine if complications are due to an active Toxoplasma infection
Sterling Accuris Diagnostics is an ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company. It is the largest and most comprehensive pathology laboratory of Gujarat. At Sterling Accuris Diagnostics, we provide a wide range of pathology services that fit the needs of an individual. Moreover, we have the expert team of pathology specialists and the technologically advanced infrastructure to help meet individual needs.