Overview of Anti Mullerian Hormone
What is Anti Mullerian Hormone?
An AMH test may be ordered to evaluate your ovarian function, fertility issues, especially when considering assisted reproduction procedures such as in vitro fertilization (IVF). It is also ordered if you have signs and symptoms of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) like acne, absence of menstrual cycles, excessive body hair, weight gain etc. Rarely, it can also be ordered if your doctor wants to determine your likelihood of entering menopause.
The sample type collected for Anti Mullerian Hormone is: Blood
Preparation for Anti Mullerian Hormone
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Anti Mullerian Hormone?
- It is usually ordered in case of infertility work up, for evaluating your ovarian function
- If you are considering assisted reproductive techniques like in vitro fertilization
- If you have signs or symptoms suggestive of polycystic ovarian syndrome like absence of menstrual cycles, acne, excess face and body hair, weight gain
- Rarely, it is ordered in case of AMH producing ovarian tumors
- If an infant has ambiguous genitalia
What Results of Anti Mullerian Hormone mean?
- During a women's child bearing years, decreased levels of AMH may suggest low number and quality of eggs with diminished fertility
- Significant decrease in the level of AMH may signal the imminent onset of menopause
- Increased levels of AMH is mostly associated with polycystic ovarian syndrome
Cellcare lab is a privately owned independent laboratory located in Ahmedabad that provides Surgical pathology, Cytology, Hematology, Microbiology and clinical pathology under direct supervision of experts in individual areas. Our dedication for high quality, competitive, real time, convenient and responsive service makes Cellcare lab the ideal source for reliable diagnostic services. Unlike many large commercial laboratories, Cellcare specialize in multiple areas of expertise in diagnostic laboratory medicine and has proficiency in all aspect of pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical processes with smart use of innovative technology and human touch. Cellcare represents strength of subject experts with their wealthy experience on national and international platforms as specialist in leadership role.