Information about Tenoxicam
Tenoxicam is used in pain relief and rheumatoid arthritis. It relieves pain and inflammation in conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and osteoarthritis.
How tenoxicam works
Tenoxicam is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation (pain and swelling).
Common side effects of tenoxicam
Abdominal pain, Constipation, Epigastric pain, Nausea, Vomiting, Indigestion, Flatulence, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Tenoxicam
- ₹51Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tenoxicam
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- It should be taken with food or milk to avoid getting an upset stomach.
- It can cause serious complications like stomach bleeding and kidney problems if taken for a long time.
- Tenoxicam can raise your risk of blood clots, heart attack, or a stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.