Information about Sulfadiazine
Sulfadiazine is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How sulfadiazine works
Sulfadiazine is an antibiotic. It stops the bacteria from producing folic acid, a nutrient required for bacterial multiplication.
Common side effects of sulfadiazine
Nausea, Vomiting, Skin rash, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Sulfadiazine
- ₹12Abbott1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sulfadiazine
- Complete the full course of sulfadiazine treatment to clear the infection and to prevent the development of bacterial resistance.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you develop any infection as long term use of sulfadiazine is known to cause secondary infection.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight as sulfadiazine may increase the sensitivity to the sun.
- Take sulfadiazine with caution if you have diarrhea, sore throat, stomach or intestinal infection; or if you have a history of asthma, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency or any other blood problems.
- Take necessary precaution if you have diabetes as sulfadiazine may cause low blood sugar.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as sulfadiazine may cause dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol along with sulfadiazine as it may worsen the side effects.
Frequently asked questions for Sulfadiazine
Q. Is sulfadiazine an antibiotic?
Sulfadiazine belongs to class of medicines called sulfonamide antibiotic
Q. Does sulfadiazine contain sulfa?
It contains sulfa
Q. Is sulfadiazine the same as sulfasalazine?
No. Sulfadiazine is different from sulfasalazine.