Information about Sulfacetamide Topical
Sulfacetamide topical uses
Sulfacetamide Topical is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How sulfacetamide topical works
Sulfacetamide topical is an antibiotic. It stops bacteria from producing folic acid, a vitamin required for bacterial replication.
Common side effects of sulfacetamide topical
Available Medicine for Sulfacetamide Topical
- ₹53Kaizen Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹17Jawa Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50Nri Vision Care Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹22Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sulfacetamide Topical
- Do not apply sulfacetamide topical while you are wearing contact lenses. Wait for at least 15-20 minutes after using sulfacetamide to put in the contact lenses.
- Ensure that you do not rub your eyes even if your vision is blurred after applying sulfacetamide.
- Do not drive or use any machinery after applying sulfacetamide as it may cause blurred vision.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to sulfacetamide or any of its ingredients.
- It sholud not given to infants <2 months.
Frequently asked questions for Sulfacetamide Topical
Q. Is sulfacetamide sodium ophthalmic solution an antibiotic/ a sulfa drug?
Sulfacetamide is a sulfa antibiotic
Q. Is sulfacetamide topical used for pink eye?
Yes. Sulfacetamide topical is used for pink eye (conjunctivitis; inflammation of the eye)
Q. Is sulfacetamide topical supposed to burn?
Sulfacetamide topical may cause burning sensation. Consult your doctor if burning continues for more than 48 hours.