Sulfacetamide Topical is used in the treatment of bacterial infections
How it works
Sulfacetamide topical is an antibiotic. It stops bacteria from producing folic acid, a vitamin required for bacterial replication.
Common side effects
- ₹17Jawa Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50Nri Vision Care Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹53Kaizen Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹22Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹9Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- Do not apply sulfacetamide topical while you are wearing contact lenses. Wait for at least 15-20 minutes after using sulfacetamide to put in the contact lenses.
- Ensure that you do not rub your eyes even if your vision is blurred after applying sulfacetamide.
- Do not drive or use any machinery after applying sulfacetamide as it may cause blurred vision.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to sulfacetamide or any of its ingredients.
- It sholud not given to infants <2 months.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is sulfacetamide sodium ophthalmic solution an antibiotic/ a sulfa drug?
Sulfacetamide is a sulfa antibiotic
Q. Is sulfacetamide topical used for pink eye?
Yes. Sulfacetamide topical is used for pink eye (conjunctivitis; inflammation of the eye)
Q. Is sulfacetamide topical supposed to burn?
Sulfacetamide topical may cause burning sensation. Consult your doctor if burning continues for more than 48 hours.