Simethicone is used in the treatment of bloating and abdominal pain.
How it works
Simethicone disintegrates the gas bubbles and allows easy passage of gas.
Common side effects
Coating on tongue
- ₹6 to ₹14Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹62Meridian Enterprises Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹36Juggat Pharma1 variant(s)
- ₹360Delvin Formulations Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹120Duckbill Drugs Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹66Raptakos Brett & Co Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹41 to ₹190Menarini India Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹36Jagdale Industries Pvt. Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹28Ravenbhel Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹10Lark Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- Avoid drinking soft drinks or eating food that increases gas formation. Food that creates gas in one person may not create gas in another.
- Do not chew the capsules or soft gels. Swallow them whole.
- It is better to take Simethicone with food or at bedtime.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is simethicone antacid?
No. Simethicone is not an antacid. But it is used in preparations which are used as antacid
Q. Does it contain aspirin?
It does not contain aspirin
Q. Is simethicone available over the counter?
Yes. Simethicone is sold over the counter without a prescription
Q. Is simethicone gluten free?
Yes. Simethicone is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q. Is simethicone safe?
Yes. Simethicone is relatively safe
Q. Is it safe for babies?
Safe for infants and babies, if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. Is it safe to take simethicone daily?
It is advisable to take simethicone only as per the instructions of the doctor
Q. Is simethicone good for gas?
Yes. Simethicone is effective in the treatment of gas
Q. Does it have any side effects?
It does not have any known serious side-effects
Q. Can I take simethicone with ibuprofen, famotidine, lansoprazole, omeprazole, antibiotics, ranitidine, ciprofloxacin, Pepto-bismol, or Depakote?
Yes. Simethicone can be taken with ibuprofen, famotidine, lansoprazole, omeprazole, antibiotics, ranitidine, ciprofloxacin, Pepto-bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) or Depakote (divalproate sodium), if prescribed by your doctor
Q. Does simethicone cause nausea or constipation?
Simethicone is not known to cause nausea or constipation. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q. Is simethicone effective against acid reflux?
Simethicone is effective in controlling acid reflux if combined with an antacid.