Information about Permethrin Topical
Permethrin topical uses
Permethrin Topical is used in the treatment of scabies.
How permethrin topical works
Permethrin is a pyrethroid compound and it belongs to a class of medications called as Ectoparasiticides. It acts on the nervous system of variety of parasites including itch mite and head and pubic lice causing paralysis and death.
Common side effects of permethrin topical
Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation), Erythematous rash, Itching, Dry skin
Available Medicine for Permethrin Topical
- ₹131Galderma India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹52 to ₹66Med Manor Organics Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹28Leeford Healthcare Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹59Group Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹59 to ₹61Talent India2 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹75Psychotropics India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹70Mark India3 variant(s)
- ₹60Resilient Cosmecueticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹59 to ₹123Canixa Life Sciences Pvt4 variant(s)
- ₹53 to ₹65Psychotropics India Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Permethrin Topical
- Inform you doctor if you have any skin conditions or allergies to medicines, food or other substances, asthma, or if you have any other medical conditions.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes and wear gloves to avoid irritation to hands. If permethrin is accidentally introduced into the eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
- Apply the medication on small part of the hair to ensure it does not affect colored or permed hair before application to entire head.
- Check hair for active infestation with lice or nits after one repetition of treatment after 14 days as you may be at risk of developing resistance to treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to permethrin or any ingredient of its ingredients.
- It should not given to children <6 months.