Information about Osimertinib
Osimertinib is used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer. It is used in treatment of adult patients who have certain EGFR mutations.
How osimertinib works
Osimertinib is an anti-cancer medication. It works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps to stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
Common side effects of osimertinib
Diarrhea, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Rash, Loss of appetite
Available Medicine for Osimertinib
- ₹202391 to ₹613308AstraZeneca3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Osimertinib
- Osimertinib is used for the treatment of thyroid cancer.
- Take it with or without food, preferably at the same time each day.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine and for a month after you stop taking it.
- Monitor your blood pressure regularly while taking this medication. Inform your doctor if you notice symptoms of very high blood pressure such as severe headache, confusion, problems with your eyesight, nausea or vomiting.
- It may cause serious bleeding problem. Inform your doctor if you get headaches, stomach pain or if you notice blood in your urine or stools.
- Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.