Information about Nilotinib
Nilotinib is used in the treatment of blood cancer (chronic myeloid leukaemia). It is used in patients whose disease could not be treated with other medications for leukaemia or who cannot take these medications because of side effects.
How nilotinib works
Nilotinib is an anti-cancer medication. It works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps to stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
Common side effects of nilotinib
Headache, Nausea, Abdominal pain, Rash, Itching, Hair loss, Muscle pain, Fatigue
Available Medicine for Nilotinib
- ₹8000 to ₹8508Novartis India Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Nilotinib
- Nilotinib is used for the treatment of thyroid cancer.
- Take it with or without food, preferably at the same time each day.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine and for a month after you stop taking it.
- Monitor your blood pressure regularly while taking this medication. Inform your doctor if you notice symptoms of very high blood pressure such as severe headache, confusion, problems with your eyesight, nausea or vomiting.
- It may cause serious bleeding problem. Inform your doctor if you get headaches, stomach pain or if you notice blood in your urine or stools.
- Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.