How it works
Common side effects
Available MedicineNo medicine available
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Nifedipine Topical can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Nifedipine Topical can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Nifedipine Topical. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Nifedipine Topical may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is nifedipine topical a nitrate/beta-blocker/ACE inhibitor/tocolytic?
No. Nifedipine is a calcium channel blocker
Q. Does nifedipine cause migraine/constipation/insomnia/bradycardia/cough/weight gain/urination/changes in heart rate?
Nifedipine topical may cause migraine, flushing, dizziness, nervousness, nausea, and vomiting. There is no evidence of nifedipine causing cough or weight changes. If you notice such symptoms, please consult your doctor.