Information about Mupirocin Topical
Mupirocin topical uses
Mupirocin Topical is used in the treatment of Bacterial infections.
How mupirocin topical works
Mupirocin topical stops the growth of bacteria that cause infections.
Common side effects of mupirocin topical
Application site irritation, Burning sensation, Rash, Itching
Available Medicine for Mupirocin Topical
- ₹91Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹100Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹109 to ₹190Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹90Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP1 variant(s)
- ₹92 to ₹115Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹78Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹88Unichem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹92Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹98Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹95Palsons Derma1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Mupirocin Topical
- Avoid direct contact of cream with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding
- Patients allergic to mupirocin or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for Mupirocin Topical
Q. What is Mupirocin Topical used for?
Mupirocin Topical is indicated for the treatment of secondarily infected traumatic lesions like abrasions, sutured wounds and small lacerations with susceptible strains of Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus pyogenes.
Q. Is Mupirocin Topical good for acne?
Mupirocin Topical is not indicated for the treatment of acne.
Q. Is Mupirocin Topical used for fungal (yeast) infections and viral (herpes or ringworm)?
Mupirocin Topical is used to treat bacterial skin infections and does not act against fungal (yeast) and viral (herpes or ringworm) infections.
Q. Is Mupirocin Topical used for diaper rash?
Mupirocin Topical is an antibacterial and will only help if the diaper rash is associated with bacterial infection. Please consult your doctor before using this for an infected diaper rash.
Q. Does Mupirocin Topical treat eczema?
Mupirocin Topical is not indicated for the treatment of eczema but can be used in case eczema is associated with infection. Please consult your doctor before using mupirocin in this condition, as eczema should be diagnosed by a doctor before it is being treated.
Q. Does Mupirocin Topical clog pores?
No. Mupirocin Topical does not clog pores.
Q. Is Mupirocin Topical used to stop itching?
No. Mupirocin Topical is not indicated to relieve itching. Its indicated for the treatment of infections. If there is itching because of the underlying infection, then itching may subside when the infection is treated.
Q. Is Mupirocin Topical a topical steroid?
No, Mupirocin Topical is not a topical steroid.