Methyl Sulfonyl Methane
Information about Methyl Sulfonyl Methane
Methyl sulfonyl methane uses
Methyl Sulfonyl Methane is used in the treatment of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and muscle pain.
How methyl sulfonyl methane works
Methyl Sulfonyl Methane is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause fever, pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of methyl sulfonyl methane
Abdominal pain, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Epigastric pain, Flatulence, Nausea, Vomiting, Indigestion
Available Medicine for Methyl Sulfonyl MethaneNo medicine available
Expert advice for Methyl Sulfonyl Methane
- It should be taken with food or milk to avoid getting an upset stomach.
- It can cause serious complications like stomach bleeding and kidney problems if taken for a long time.
- Methyl Sulfonyl Methane can raise your risk of blood clots, heart attack, or a stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.