Information about Meloxicam
Meloxicam is used for pain relief. It relieves pain and inflammation in conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and osteoarthritis.
How meloxicam works
Meloxicam is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation (pain and swelling).
Common side effects of meloxicam
Vomiting, Stomach pain, Nausea, Indigestion, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Meloxicam
- ₹13 to ₹81Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹46Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹33 to ₹43Emcee Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹32Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹130Panzer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49Tetramed Biotek Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹10 to ₹18Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹10 to ₹24Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹11 to ₹22Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹11 to ₹17Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Meloxicam
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- It should be taken with food or milk to avoid getting an upset stomach.
- It can cause serious complications like stomach bleeding and kidney problems if taken for a long time.
- Meloxicam can raise your risk of blood clots, heart attack, or a stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Meloxicam
Q. Is Meloxicam a steroid, NSAID, opiate, muscle relaxer, or a pain-reliever?
Meloxicam is not a steroid, opiate, or a muscle relaxing agent. It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) drug and pain killer used to relieve pain and inflammation
Q. Is Meloxicam safe?
Yes. Meloxicam is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. Is Meloxicam addictive?
No. Meloxicam is not addictive
Q. Can I take Meloxicam for backache, toothache, menstrual cramps, gout, tendonitis, migraine, sciatica or sore throat?
Meloxicam is indicated for the treatment of backache, tendonitis, sciatica, menstrual cramps toothache and gout. It is not indicated for the treatment of sore throat
Q. Can I take meloxicam with Xanax, Vicodin, Percocet, Aleve, Advil, Flexeril, Norco, tramadol or aspirin?
Meloxicam should not be taken with aspirin as it may cause gastrointestinal bleeding. It may be taken with Xanax, Vicodin, Percocet, Aleve, Advil, Flexeril, Norco, or tramadol if prescribed by your doctor
Q. Does Meloxicam cause weight-gain, drowsiness, tiredness, thinning of blood, or headaches?
Meloxicam may cause headaches, drowsiness, and weight gain and can prevent formation of clot in blood. It is not expected to cause tiredness. If you notice any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.