How it works
Lornoxicam is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects
- ₹47 to ₹99Abbott India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹43 to ₹153Abbott India Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹86 to ₹91Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹51 to ₹144Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹22 to ₹52Hetero Drugs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹72 to ₹134Sundyota Numandis Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹121Adcock Ingram Healthcare Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹53Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹72 to ₹193Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹49Gufic Bioscience Ltd2 variant(s)
- Do not take lornoxicam, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to lornoxicam or to other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs; or if you have a rare hereditary problems of galactose malabsorption should not take this medicine.
- Take special precaution, if you have gastrointestinal bleeding, cerebrovascular bleeding or other bleeding disorders; peptic ulceration or with a history of recurrent peptic ulceration; severe liver or renal impairment; severe thrombocytopenia (abnormally low number of platelets that are required for blood to clot); severe heart insufficiency; over-active thyroid gland (thyrotoxicosis) or adrenal gland disorder or a condition in which adrenal glands do not produce adequate amounts of hormones (adrenal insufficiency).
Frequently asked questions
Q. Lornoxicam is used for?
Lornoxicam is used to treat moderate pain (such as pain after dental surgery), pain associated with acute sciatica and symptomatic treatment of pain and inflammation in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
Q. What is lornoxicam and paracetamol?
Lornoxicam and Paracetamol both belong to a group of medications called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. However, both acts through different mechanism and used for different indications.