Information about Lenvatinib
Lenvatinib is used in the treatment of thyroid cancer.
How lenvatinib works
Lenvatinib is a tyrosine kinase inhibitor. It works by blocking the oxygen and nutrient supply to cancer cells due to which they stop growing.
Common side effects of lenvatinib
Tiredness, Joint pain, Muscle pain, Decreased appetite, Nausea, Vomiting, Mouth sore, Peripheral edema, Stomach pain, Rash, Cough, Weight loss, Bleeding, Skin peeling, Itching, Skin redness, Hoarseness of voice
Available Medicine for Lenvatinib
- ₹10720 to ₹26800Eisai Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lenvatinib
- Lenvatinib is used for the treatment of thyroid cancer.
- Take it with or without food, preferably at the same time each day.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine and for a month after you stop taking it.
- Monitor your blood pressure regularly while taking this medication. Inform your doctor if you notice symptoms of very high blood pressure such as severe headache, confusion, problems with your eyesight, nausea or vomiting.
- It may cause serious bleeding problem. Inform your doctor if you get headaches, stomach pain or if you notice blood in your urine or stools.
- Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.