Gamma Benzene Hexachloride Topical
Gamma benzene hexachloride topical is used for the treatment of pediculosis capitis (highly contagious infection caused by infestation with human head louse, which is usually very itchy) and scabies (itchy, highly contagious skin disease caused by an infestation by the itch mite, sarcoptes scabiei).
How it works
Gamma benzene hexachloride belongs to a class of medications called as ectoparasiticides. It works by acting on nervous system of mite and lice and killing them.
Common side effects
Allergic skin rash, Burning sensation, Itching, Dry skin, Hair loss, Numbness, Tingling sensation
- 2 variant(s)
- Avoid direct contact of cream or shampoo with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Wear synthetic latex gloves during the application of cream or shampoo.
- Inform your doctor if you have any other chronic skin disease such as dermatitis (inflammation of skin) or psoriasis (red, itchy, scaly patches over the skin).
- Avoid exposure of medication applied on your skin to baby while breastfeeding.
- Feed your baby after 24 hours of lotion application as the drug is secreted through breast milk.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to gamma benzene hexachloride or any of its ingredients.
- It sholud not given to premature neonates.
- It sholud not given to patients with history of uncontrolled fits (seizures) or any neurological disorders.