Gamma Benzene Hexachloride Topical
Gamma Benzene Hexachloride Topical is used in the treatment of scabies (itchy skin condition)
How it works
Gamma benzene hexachloride belongs to a class of medications called as ectoparasiticides. It works by acting on nervous system of mite and lice and killing them.
Common side effects
Available MedicineNo medicine available
- Avoid direct contact of cream or shampoo with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Wear synthetic latex gloves during the application of cream or shampoo.
- Inform your doctor if you have any other chronic skin disease such as dermatitis (inflammation of skin) or psoriasis (red, itchy, scaly patches over the skin).
- Avoid exposure of medication applied on your skin to baby while breastfeeding.
- Feed your baby after 24 hours of lotion application as the drug is secreted through breast milk.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to gamma benzene hexachloride or any of its ingredients.
- It sholud not given to premature neonates.
- It sholud not given to patients with history of uncontrolled fits (seizures) or any neurological disorders.