Information about Cyclosporine
Cyclosporine is used for prevention of organ rejection in transplant patients, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, bone marrow transplantation, nephrotic syndrome, uveitis and atopic dermatitis.
How cyclosporine works
Cyclosporine is an immunosuppressant. It works by suppressing your body’s immune response.
Common side effects of cyclosporine
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Increased hair growth, High blood pressure, Renal dysfunction, Loss of appetite, Diarrhoea, Tremor
Available Medicine for Cyclosporine
- ₹165 to ₹6982Panacea Biotec Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹135 to ₹4950Biocon4 variant(s)
- ₹135 to ₹3999Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹365 to ₹400Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹119 to ₹199Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹351 to ₹405Sunways India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹131 to ₹5990Biocon4 variant(s)
- ₹329Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹110 to ₹3324RPG Life Sciences Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹285Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cyclosporine
- Cyclosporine is used to prevent organ rejection in transplant patients.
- It is also used to treat arthritis and immune disorders of the eyes, lungs, muscles, skin, nerves, and blood vessels.
- It may take 3 to 4 months for the medication to work. Keep taking it as prescribed.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to check the levels of blood cells in your blood. Inform your doctor if you experience unexplained bruising or bleeding, sore throat, mouth ulcers, fever, or general illness.
- Your doctor may monitor your kidney function regularly. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water per day to help with your kidney function.
- Do not stop taking Cyclosporine without talking to your doctor first.
Frequently asked questions for Cyclosporine
Q. Is Cyclosporine cytotoxic?
No, Cyclosporine is not cytotoxic.
Q. Is Cyclosporine a steroid/ sulfa drug?
No, Cyclosporine is not a steroid or sulfa drug, but a cyclic peptide isolated from fungal source
Q. Does Cyclosporine affect fertility & birth control?
No, Cyclosporine is not known to impair fertility and has no known effects on birth contro
Q. Does Cyclosporine cause weight gain, constipation or hair loss?
No, Cyclosporine has no known effects on weight gain, constipation or hair loss.