Information about Cyclosporine
Cyclosporine is used for organ transplantation, bone marrow transplantation, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, nephrotic syndrome, uveitis and atopic dermatitis.
How cyclosporine works
Cyclosporine is an immunosuppressant that works by decreasing the activity of body's immune system.
Common side effects of cyclosporine
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Increased hair growth, Increased blood pressure, Renal dysfunction, Loss of appetite, Diarrhoea, Tremor
Available Medicine for Cyclosporine
- ₹165 to ₹6723Panacea Biotec Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹128 to ₹489Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹130 to ₹3895Biocon4 variant(s)
- ₹110 to ₹3324RPG Life Sciences Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹1395 to ₹6603Novartis India Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹403 to ₹1377Novartis India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹187 to ₹592Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹166 to ₹593Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹221 to ₹510RPG Life Sciences Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹319Novartis India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cyclosporine
- Cyclosporine, like all immunosuppressants, increases the risk of infection and certain cancers. Avoid being close to people with cold, flu or other contagious illness.
- Do not receive a "live vaccine" while you are using Cyclosporine. The live vaccine may not work well and may not fully protect you.
- It may cause unwanted side effects like kidney damage, tremor, hirsutism, hypertension, and gum hyperplasia.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Your doctor may ask to get Cyclosporine blood concentration level, to avoid side effect due to high concentrations.
- Your doctor may ask to get kidney function test done regularly to avoid kidney damage.
Frequently asked questions for Cyclosporine
Q. Is Cyclosporine cytotoxic?
No, Cyclosporine is not cytotoxic.
Q. Is Cyclosporine a steroid/ sulfa drug?
No, Cyclosporine is not a steroid or sulfa drug, but a cyclic peptide isolated from fungal source
Q. Does Cyclosporine affect fertility & birth control?
No, Cyclosporine is not known to impair fertility and has no known effects on birth contro
Q. Does Cyclosporine cause weight gain, constipation or hair loss?
No, Cyclosporine has no known effects on weight gain, constipation or hair loss.