Clioquinol (Iodochlorhydroxyquin) Topical
Clioquinol (Iodochlorhydroxyquin) topical also known as clioquinol, is used in treatment of fungal infections of skin.
How it works
Iodochlorohydroxyquinoline belongs to the class of medications called as hydroxyquinoline antibiotics. It works by inhibiting the growth of fungi, thereby preventing the infections.
Common side effects
Burning sensation, Itching, Rash, Allergic reaction, Skin swelling
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- Avoid direct contact of cream or ointment with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Take necessary precautions while applying iodochlorohydroxyquinoline topical as it may stain your clothes, hair, skin and nails.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to iodochlorohydroxyquinoline or any of its ingredients.
- It should not given to children < 2 years.