Information about Clarithromycin Topical
Clarithromycin topical uses
Clarithromycin Topical is used in the treatment of bacterial skin infections.
How clarithromycin topical works
Clarithromycin topical is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of clarithromycin topical
Available Medicine for Clarithromycin Topical
- ₹61 to ₹70Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹39Klar Sehen Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹32 to ₹54Rapross Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Clarithromycin Topical
- Tell your doctor if you have, or are prone to, fungal infections (e.g. thrush).
- Avoid direct contact of the gel/lotion with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to clarithromycin or to any of its ingredient.
Frequently asked questions for Clarithromycin Topical
Q. Is clarithromycin a penicillin, antibiotic, or a fluoroquinolone?
Clarithromycin is a macrolide antibiotic, not a penicillin or fluoroquinolone
Q. Is clarithromycin topical safe?
Clarithromycin topical is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take clarithromycin topical for acne?
Clarithromycin topical can be used to treat acne if prescribed by your doctor.