Clarithromycin Topical is used in the treatment of bacterial skin infections
How it works
Clarithromycin topical is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects
- ₹61 to ₹70Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹32 to ₹54Rapross Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- Tell your doctor if you have, or are prone to, fungal infections (e.g. thrush).
- Avoid direct contact of the gel/lotion with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to clarithromycin or to any of its ingredient.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is clarithromycin a penicillin, antibiotic, or a fluoroquinolone?
Clarithromycin is a macrolide antibiotic, not a penicillin or fluoroquinolone
Q. Is clarithromycin topical safe?
Clarithromycin topical is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take clarithromycin topical for acne?
Clarithromycin topical can be used to treat acne if prescribed by your doctor.