Information about Buserelin
How buserelin works
Buserelin is a hormone similar to the one produced by a hypothalmus gland in the brain. It works by decreasing the levels of testosterone and estrogen.
Common side effects of buserelin
Decreased libido, Testicular atrophy, Increased sweating, Fatigue, Muscle weakness, Bone pain, Erectile dysfunction, Hot flashes, Injection site pain
Available Medicine for Buserelin
- ₹412 to ₹2118Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹200Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹384Serum Institute Of India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹355 to ₹1600Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹2200Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Buserelin
- During the first weeks of therapy, buserelin may cause hot flashes (sudden sweating and feelings of warmth), decreased sexual ability, temporary increase in pain, pain while urinating, or weakness in legs.
- Your blood pressure may be monitored regularly as there is a risk of developing high blood pressure with buserelin.
- If you are a patient with diabetes, your blood glucose should be regularly monitored while on buserelin therapy.
- Buserelin can cause loss of fertility which may be permanent. If you intend to have children, discuss this with your doctor before receiving buserelin
- Do not take buserelin if you have urinary obstruction, spinal cord compression, history of pituitary gland tumors or osteoporosis, demyelinating form of Charcot-Marie-Tooth syndrome (an inherited neurologic disorder).
- Do not consume the drug if you are allergic to buserelin or any of its ingredients.
- Avoid taking buserelin if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding or if you have undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop any allergic reaction.
Frequently asked questions for Buserelin
Q. Is Buserelin safe?
Yes, Buserelin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does Buserelin delay your period?
Yes, Buserelin delays your period. Consult your doctor for advice
Q. Does Buserelin make you gain weight/bloat?
Yes, Buserelin can make you gain weight/bloat. Healthy diet and daily exercise can help control your weight gain
Q. Does Buserelin make you tired?
Yes, you may feel less energetic. Take more rest.