Information about Besifloxacin
Besifloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, tonsils, sinus, nose, throat, female genital organ, skin and soft tissues, windpipe and lungs (pneumonia).
How besifloxacin works
Besifloxacin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from reproducing and repairing themselves. This treats your infection.
Common side effects of besifloxacin
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Besifloxacin
- ₹167Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹399Bausch & Lomb Inc1 variant(s)
- ₹220Indoco Remedies Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹150Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Besifloxacin
- Your doctor has prescribed Besifloxacin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Besifloxacin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Besifloxacin
Q. What is Besifloxacin ophthalmic suspension 0.6 and what is it used for?
Besifloxacin is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic and used for treating irritation and redness in the membrane covering the eye (conjunctivitis or pink eye) caused by bacterial infections and also in prevention of infection in patients undergoing laser therapy for cataracts.