Information about Besifloxacin
Besifloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How besifloxacin works
Besifloxacin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting the DNA replication.
Common side effects of besifloxacin
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Besifloxacin
- ₹153Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹363Bausch & Lomb Inc1 variant(s)
- ₹220Indoco Remedies Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Besifloxacin
- Avoid touching the dropper tip against your eye or anything else to prevent contamination.
- Wash your hands often especially after touching the eye as bacterial conjunctivitis spreads easily to others.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as besifloxacin may cause blurred vision.
- Do not wear contact lenses while you have symptoms of infection or while you are using besifloxacin.
- Do not stop using besifloxacin until you complete the prescription period, even if you feel better, as the infection may not be completely treated and the bacteria may develop resistance to the drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, become pregnant or are breast feeding before/during your treatment with Besifloxacin.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop hives, swelling of face, difficulty in breathing/swallowing, worsening of current symptoms or development of new symptoms.
Frequently asked questions for Besifloxacin
Q. What is Besifloxacin ophthalmic suspension 0.6 and what is it used for?
Besifloxacin is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic and used for treating irritation and redness in the membrane covering the eye (conjunctivitis or pink eye) caused by bacterial infections and also in prevention of infection in patients undergoing laser therapy for cataracts.