Information about Benzthiazide
Benzthiazide is used in high blood pressure and oedema. It treats oedema (fluid overload) associated with heart, liver, kidney or lung disease.
How benzthiazide works
Benzthiazide is a thiazide diuretic. It lowers blood pressure and fluid retention in edema by removing the extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also works by relaxing blood vessels and improving blood flow.
Common side effects of benzthiazide
Headache, Nausea, Increased blood uric acid, Decreased potassium level in blood, Glucose intolerance, Altered blood lipids
Available Medicine for BenzthiazideNo medicine available
Expert advice for Benzthiazide
- Benzthiazide helps lower blood pressure and also removes excess water from your body.
- Take it in the morning with breakfast to avoid getting up at night to urinate.
- May cause dizziness in the initial days of treatment.
- Monitor your blood pressure after starting Benzthiazide, and notify your doctor if it hasn't gone down.
- Notify your doctor if you experience dizziness, tiredness, or muscle weakness that doesn't go away.
- Requires routine blood tests to monitor your kidney function.