food interaction for UNITO
alcohol interaction for UNITO
pregnancy interaction for UNITO
lactation interaction for UNITO
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for UNITO
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for UNITO
- ZEDOCEF DXL 200 MG/500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 22.99/tabletRs. 229.90save 22% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for UNITO
- If you are allergic to cefpodoxime or any other cephalosporin antibiotic such as cefadroxil, cephalexin, penicillin, or any other drugs.
- If you have diarrhea, inflammation of large intestine (colon) colitis, or stomach problems, blood clotting problem.
- If you have or had kidney or liver disease.
- If you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking cefpodoxime.
- If you have taken cefpodoxime repeatedly or for longer duration.
Frequently asked questions for UNITO
Q.Is cefpodoxime a sulfa drug/steroid/penicillin?
No, cefpodoxime belongs to class of medication called as cephalosporin antibiotics
Q.Is Cefpodoxime/ cefodem xp 325/ cefodem 200/ monocef-o/ kefpod safe?
Cefpodoxime (also available as cefodem xp 325/cefodem 200/ monocef-o/kefpod) is safe at the prescribed dose by the doctor. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.What are cefpodoxime/ cefodem xp 325/ cefodem 200/ monocef-o/ kefpod/ gudcef 200/ gudcef?
Cefpodoxime belongs to class of medication called as cephalosporin antibiotics. It is used for the treatment of infections caused by bacteria
Q.Is cefpodoxime a sulfa drug/ penicillin/ steroid/ an antibiotic?
Cefpodoxime is an antibiotic belong to class of medication called as cephalosporin. It is not a steroid and does not contain penicillin or sulpha.
Q.Is dicloxacillin a penicillin, tetracycline or a broad spectrum antibiotic?
Dicloxacillin belongs to class of medicines called penicillin antibiotics. Dicloxacillin is not a tetracycline or a broad spectrum antibiotic
Q.Does it contain sulfa?
It does not contain sulfa
Q.Is dicloxacillin used to treat sexually transmitted disease, strep throat, and methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)?
Dicloxacillin can be used to treat strep throat. It is not approved to treat sexually transmitted diseases and is not active against MRSA
Q.Is dicloxacillin the same as amoxicillin?
Dicloxacillin and amoxicillin belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, dicloxacillin is resistant to beta-lactamase producing organism, while amoxicillin is susceptible to degradation by beta-lactamase producing organism
Q.Can I take dicloxacillin with Tylenol, Advil, Benadryl, and Tums?
Dicloxacillin can be taken with Tylenol, Benadryl and Tums. Dicloxacillin when taken with Advil (ibuprofen) may increase the effects of either dicloxacillin or ibuprofen
Q.Does dicloxacillin decrease milk supply?
Generally, dicloxacillin does not decrease milk secretion
Q.Does dicloxacillin cause heartburn?
It may cause heartburn.