food interaction for TROYDOCA
alcohol interaction for TROYDOCA
pregnancy interaction for TROYDOCA
lactation interaction for TROYDOCA
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TROYDOCA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TROYDOCANo substitutes found
Top General Surgeons
- Dr. Anshuman KaushalMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Vikram AryanMBBS, MS
- Dr. Sushil KhuranaMBBS, MS, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Subhash KhannaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Mir Asif Ur RehmanMBBS, MS, DNB, Fellowship
Expert advice for TROYDOCA
- This injection is directly administered into the varicose veins and number of injection given will depend on the number of varicose veins. While you are being injected you will be constantly monitored for any adverse effects.
- You should wear a compression bandage or stocking soon after the injection, continuously for 2 to 3 days and for 2 to 3 weeks during the daytime, to prevent clots formation.
- You should also walk for 15-20 min post therapy along with wearing the compression bandage.
- Avoid heavy or strenuous exercise for 2-3 days post therapy. Long distance travel while sitting should also be avoided (in a car or airplane).
- Avoid exposure to sunlight for 2-3 days post treatment.
- Take precautions as advised by your doctor before application of ice or heating pads on the treated leg.
Frequently asked questions for TROYDOCA
Q.Does pilocarpine increase or decrease heart rate?
Pilocarpine can decrease the heart rate. However, it does not increase the heart rate
Q.Does pilocarpine cause weight gain/increase blood pressure?
Pilocarpine increases blood pressure. However, no clinically relevant effect on weight has been reported with the use of pilocarpine
Q.Does pilocarpine help dry eyes?
Yes, pilocarpine helps dry eyes by increasing the production of tears
Q.Does pilocarpine work?
Pilocarpine acts by increasing the activity of chemical acetylcholine, thereby, increasing the secretion from various glands including salivary glands and tear glands. Due to its cholinergic effect, it also constricts the pupil of the eye and improves the outflow of aqueous humor (fluid in within the eye) contributing to reduction in eyeball pressure
Q.Does pilocarpine cause blurred vision/hair loss?
Yes, pilocarpine causes blurred vision. But it does not cause hair loss
Q.How does pilocarpine affect heart rate?
Pilocarpine decreases heart rate by increasing the effect of a chemical called as acetylcholine
Q.How does pilocarpine lower intraocular pressure?
Pilocarpine lowers intraocular pressure by constricting the ciliary muscle of the eyes, therefore increasing the outflow of fluid (aqueous humor) from posterior part of the eye.