food interaction for GLIMULIN MF
alcohol interaction for GLIMULIN MF
pregnancy interaction for GLIMULIN MF
lactation interaction for GLIMULIN MF
Taking metformin with alcohol may cause lactic acidosis and you may experience malaise, respiratory distress, slow or irregular heartbeat, somnolence, abdominal upset, or other unusual symptoms.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for GLIMULIN MF
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for GLIMULIN 4 MF FORTE TABLET SR
Patients taking GLIMULIN 4 MF FORTE TABLET SR
- 50%Twice A Day
- 50%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for GLIMULIN MF
- GLYCOMET GP 4 FORTE TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)USV LtdRs. 8.66/tablet srRs. 86.60save 41% more per tablet sr
- GLIMESTAR-M 4 FORTE TABLET SR(10 tablet sr in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 10.89/tablet srRs. 108.90save 26% more per tablet sr
- GLIMISAVE M FORTE 4 MG/1000 MG TABLET SR(15 tablet sr in strip)Eris Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 10.78/tablet srRs. 161.70save 27% more per tablet sr
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
Expert advice for GLIMULIN MF
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Low blood sugar is life-threatening. Low blood sugar may develop due to:
- Delay or missing scheduled meals or snacks.
- Exercising more than usual.
- Drinking a significant amount of alcohol.
- Using too much insulin.
- Sickness (vomiting or diarrhea).
- Symptoms of low blood sugar (alarming signs) are fast heartbeat, sweating, cool and pale skin, feeling shaky, confusion or irritability, headache, nausea, and nightmares. Make sure that you have access to quick-acting sugar sources that treat low blood sugar. Consuming some form of quick-acting sugars immediately after the appearance of the symptoms will prevent the low blood sugar levels from worsening.
- Consuming alcohol may increase the chance of severe low blood sugar.
- Glimepiride does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
Frequently asked questions for GLIMULIN MF
Q.Is glimepiride a generic drug?
Yes, glimepiride is a generic drug sold under several pharmaceutical brand names (Amaryl, Zoryl, etc.)
Q.Can I take glimepiride with metformin or insulin?
Glimepiride may be given in combination with metformin and/or insulin depending on your medical condition and as prescribed by the doctor
Q.Does glimepiride cause fluctuations in weight,diarrhea, hair loss, erectile dysfunction, swelling, constipation?
Glimepiride is reported to cause low blood sugar level,weight gain, and swelling, but is not reported to cause diarrhea, constipation, hair loss, or erectile dysfunction
Q.Is glimepiride a fast acting sulfa drug?
Glimepiride is a medium- to long-acting sulfonylurea drug against type 2 diabetes mellitus (action lasts for 24 hours). Its maximum effect is seen after 2-3 hours of drug intake
Q.Is glimepiride same as glipizide, glyburide, metformin, or insulin?
They are not same. Glimepiride, glipizide and glyburide belong to the same class of drugs called sulfonylureas. Metformin belong to class called biguanides.Glimepiride causes release of insulin but it is not insulin.It should only be used if no other alternative drug is available. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.
Q.Is Metformin a birth control pill/ insulin / statin/ banned drug?
Metformin (also available as glyciphage, glycomet, glycomet SR) is an antidiabetic drug used in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients, as an adjunct to the diet and exercise
Q.Is metformin safe?
Metformin is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take metformin forever?
Metformin should be taken at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is metformin good for weight loss / weight loss in non-diabetics?
Metformin is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients.