Medicine Overview of Basalog Injection
Side effects of Basalog Injection
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Injection site allergic reaction.
How to use Basalog Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Basalog Injection works
Basalog one 100iu/ml injection is a long-acting insulin, keeps working for 24 hours after injection. It works similar to insulin produced by the body. Insulin facilitates reuptake of glucose in muscle and fat cell and also block the release of glucose from the liver.
In Depth Information on Basalog Injection
Expert advice for Basalog Injection
- Take special precautions while taking insulin glargine if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant or breastfeeding; if you are suffering from kidney or liver problems; diabetes
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking insulin
- Stop and contact your doctor immediately, if you experience any allergic reactions such as redness, swelling, rash and itching at the injection site, rash, itching or hives on the skin, wheezing or difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue or other parts of the body; or experiencing low blood sugar levels as seen by symptoms such as cold sweat; cool pale skin, headache, rapid heartbeat, feeling sick, feeling very hungry, temporary changes in vision, drowsiness, unusual tiredness and weakness; nervousness or tremor, feeling anxious, feeling confused, difficulty in concentrating.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines you take, including vitamins and herbal supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, that you are using insulin glargine.
- Insulin glargine preparations are meant to be injected under the layer of skin. Do not inject it into a vein or a muscle
- Injection sites must be rotated between upper arm (deltoid), abdominal, buttocks and thigh area from one injection to the next, such that each site of prick is used not more than once in 1 to 2 weeks; this is to reduce the skin changes at injection site.
- Do not dilute or mix two preparations of insulin or insulin glargine. Also be aware that any change in strength, manufacturer, type, origin, or method of preparation may warrant a change in dose.
- Do not use if insulin glargine preparations is no longer clear and colorless or if it contains particles.
- Read and follow the instructions provided with the insulin glargine vial/container, for loading a cartridge, attaching a needle, performing a safety test and administering the insulin injection.
- If you experience any symptoms of hypoglycemia (such as cold sweat; cool pale skin, headache, rapid heartbeat, feeling sick, feeling very hungry, temporary changes in vision, drowsiness, unusual tiredness and weakness; nervousness or tremor, feeling anxious, feeling confused, difficulty in concentrating) you need to raise your blood sugar urgently by eating sugars or carbohydrates.
- Precaution must be taken while driving or handling machines as your ability to concentrate or react may be reduced if you suffer from low/high blood sugar levels or you have problems with your sight.
Special precautions for Basalog One 100IU/ml Injection
Taking Insulin Glargine with alcohol may affect blood glucose levels in patients with diabetes.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Basalog One 100IU/ml Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Basalog One 100IU/ml Injection is safe to use during lactati+more
on. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Basalog One 100IU/ml Injection may make you feel dizzy, slee+more
py, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Basalog One 100IU/ml Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Basalog One 100IU/ml Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Regular monitoring of blood glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment....
Regular monitoring of blood glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment.
Basalog One 100IU/ml Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Basalog One 100IU/ml Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Regular monitoring of glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment....
Regular monitoring of glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
R Pril 1.25mg Tablet, Ramistar Tablet, Reopres 10mg Tablet, Reopres 2.5mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Basalog 100IU Injection
Frequently asked questions for Insulin Glargine
No, Basalog, whose action is steady and prolonged, has a relatively constant concentration time profile over 24 hours with no peaks
Yes, Basalog is available in a pen style formulation
Yes, Basalog has a relatively constant concentration time profile over 24 hours hence it is long acting
Basalog is modified artificially prepared insulin (equivalent to human insulin) which is completely soluble in acidic pH of the glargine solution. Basalog acts by replacing the normal production of insulin and by helping transfer sugar from the blood into other body tissues where it is utilized to generate energy. It also stops the liver from producing more sugar. After the injection of Basalog into the subcutaneous tissue (upper layer of skin), the acidic solution is neutralized leading to formation of micro particles (micro-precipitates) from which small amounts of Basalog are continuously released, providing a prolonged duration of action of insulin. Basalog solutions have long and steady blood-sugar-lowering action
The cost of Basalog depends upon the various brands available in the market. Please read details on the package for the correct price of the produc
Unopened cartridges of Basalog/ Lantus must be stored in a refrigerator where the temperature is between 2 - 8°C. When the cartridge has been inserted into the injection pen, the cartridge pen combination should not be put in the refrigerator and should be kept at room temperature
There are no known effects of Basalog/lantus on weight gai
There are no known effects of Basalog/ Lantus on causing cancer
Basalog. Lantus is used to reduce high blood sugar (glucose) levels in people with diabetes mellitus. Basalog is used to treat type 1 diabetes (condition in which the body does not produce insulin) and type 2 diabetes (condition in which the body does not use insulin normally)
Yes, Basalog is a genetically modified insulin that is grown in a laboratory, and is similar to human insulin
Yes, Basalog is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Basalog. Lantus solution must not be mixed with any other glargine or insulin preparation. Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage, frequency, duration, or use of any concomitant medications
Basalog.Lantus is produced by recombinant DNA technology with the help of a non-pathogenic (non-disease causing) laboratory strain of bacteria (Escherichia coli [K12]) as the production organism
Q. Is Lantus insulin (insulin glargine) the same as Levemir (insulin detemir)?
Both Lantus and Levemir are both long lasting forms of insulin (made by recombinant DNA technology) and are similar to human insulin. However, the duration of Levemir is slightly shorter than Lantus
Basalog. Lantus solutions should be clear. Do not use if Basalog preparations is no longer clear and colorless or if it contains particles.
User Submitted Feedback For Basalog 100IU Injection
Patients taking Basalog One 100IU/ml Injection
Once A Day
Twice A Day
What are you using this medicine for?
Type 1 diabetes
Substitutes for Basalog Injection
Glaritus 100IU/ml Injection
₹144.0/ml of Injection
Basugine 100IU/ml Injection
₹180.33/ml of Injection
Lantus 100IU/ml Injection
Sanofi India Ltd
₹271.18/ml of Injection
₹274.37/ml of Injection
Basugine Pen Injection 100IU/ml