Tata 1mg Immunity & Wellness Supplement Tablet:
- This combination nutritional supplement is available as an over-the-counter (OTC) medicine.
- It comprises essential vitamins, minerals, and natural antioxidants.
- Although a nutritious and healthy diet and regular exercise are the keys to maintaining good health, the diet alone may not be sufficient to fulfil the body’s requirement for some essential vitamins and minerals. Therefore, supplements like these tablets serve as a handy option for quickly replenishing deficient micronutrients. It helps restore vitamins and minerals in the body and improve overall well-being.
- Therapeutic rationale: Immunity and wellness supplement tablets are an advanced formula comprising micronutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, zinc, and grape seed extracts, as the key ingredients. These essential nutrients are required for the overall healthy functioning of the body.
- Minerals, such as zinc and selenium, help build a robust immune system, whereas vitamins, such as vitamin A and C, promote cell growth and help with tissue repair. Grape seed extracts are the natural antioxidants that neutralize the damage caused by harmful chemicals (free radicals) and improve the human body's response to infections. Additionally, These tablets help enhance the absorption of iron in the body. Overall, this nutritional supplement supports the recovery of diabetes, heart, respiratory, or brain problems, and short-term (acute) and long-term (chronic) diseases.
Each tablet of immunity and wellness supplement contains:Vitamins
- Vitamin A: 600 mcg
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine): 1.4 mg
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): 1.6 mg
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin): 18 mg
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid): 3 mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine): 1 mg
- Vitamin B7 (Biotin): 150 mcg
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid): 100 mcg
- Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin): 1 mcg
- Vitamin C: 40 mg
- Vitamin D3: 5 mcg
- Vitamin E: 10 mg
- Zinc: 10 mg
- Magnesium: 3 mg
- Manganese: 250 mcg
- Iodine: 100 mcg
- Copper: 30 mcg
- Selenium: 30 mcg
- Chromium: 25 mcg
- Grape seed extract: 50 mg
- These tablets help restore optimal vitamin and mineral balance, thereby treating and preventing their deficiencies
- They help strengthen the immune system, which may help fight immune deficiency disorders
- They work as appetite stimulation
- They support quick recovery from illnesses by promoting cell growth and tissue repair
- They are essential for the proper functioning of the heart and the nervous system
- They help counter fatigue and a general feeling of lethargy and exhaustion
- They help improve the body’s response to infections
- The tablets help enhance the absorption of iron in the body
- Immunity and wellness supplement tablets do not directly guard against coronavirus (COVID-19). However, they may provide a much-needed boost to your immune system to fight off any potential threat
How to take immunity and wellness supplement tablets?
- These tablets improve general health and overall well-being
Take one tablet per day or as suggested by a healthcare professional. Dosage is usually recommended depending upon the individual's physiological condition. Do not exceed the stated recommended dosage. Take this tablet regardless of the time (day or night), but preferably after a meal at a fixed time each day.Quick tips for immunity and wellness supplement tablets:
- Pregnant or lactating women, children, or individuals with underlying medical conditions should consult their doctors before using immunity and wellness supplement tablets.
- The product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease(s).
- Do not use these tablets as a substitute for a varied diet.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose as this may cause side effects. Take exactly as prescribed.
- Do not take tablets if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking as they may affect or get affected by this medicine.
- Do not share the supplements yourself without consulting a doctor, as the nutritional needs will vary from one individual to another.
- Do not abruptly stop taking immunity and wellness supplement tablets even if you start to feel better.
- Conditions such as digestive disorders can decrease the amount of absorbed zinc by the body and increase the loss in the urine. Consult your doctor before taking an immunity and wellness supplement tablet if suffering from any underlying gastrointestinal ailment.
Possible side effects of immunity and wellness supplement tablets:
- Get your vitamin and mineral levels checked regularly.
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as the body adjusts to the medicine. Consult the doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them. Some of the common side effects of this tablet may include:
What if you forget to take a tablet?
- Upset stomach
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time.Storage and Safety Information:
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place
- Protect from sunlight, heat, and humidity
- Do not keep it in a refrigerator as it is full of moisture and can reduce vitamins’ and minerals' shelf life and effectiveness
- Keep the container tightly closed. Do not use it if the seal is broken
How many vitamins and minerals do you need?
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children
Recommended dietary allowance (RDA): The basic concept
A wide range of nutrients is required to lead a healthy and active life. The quantity of each nutrient (vitamins and minerals) for an individual depends upon age, body weight, physical activity, physiological state (pregnancy, lactation), etc. Therefore, the requirement for nutrients varies from individual to individual.
- Infants and children: The requirement may be equated with the amount that will maintain a satisfactory rate of growth and development.
- Adults: The nutrient requirement is the amount that will maintain body weight and prevent the depletion of the nutrients from the body, which otherwise may lead to deficiency.
- In physiological conditions, like pregnancy and lactation: Adult women may need additional nutrients to meet the demand of fetal growth and their own nutrient needs.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) related to immunity and wellness supplement tablets
- If you are not meeting your daily requirement of vitamins and minerals and suffer from their deficiencies, your overall health may be affected. This is why supplements that contain vitamins and minerals, such as immunity and wellness supplement tablets, are preferred.
Q: What is the best time to take the tablet?
These tablets can be taken during the day or night. However, prefer taking them at a fixed time each day after a meal as these tablets are made as per recommended dietary allowances (RDA).Q: My child is underweight as per his age. Can I give him immunity and wellness supplement tablets to increase his body weight?
The ingredients in the immunity and wellness supplement are not intended to support weight gain, and it is not a weight-gaining supplement. These micronutrients improve health, boost the immune system, and are required for overall functioning.Q. Is the immunity and wellness supplement tablet good for acne?
When taken along with folic acid, these tablets are suitable for treating acne. However, take it only after consulting your doctor. Follow the doctor’s instructions to get the maximum benefits from this medicine.Q. Can I take immunity and wellness supplement tablets with milk?
Take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor. It can be taken with milk if tolerable. However, prefer taking it with fluids, such as water, juice, etc. Q. I am suffering from hair fall. Can I use immunity and wellness supplement tablets in my diet?
Zinc deficiency may cause hair fall problems. The mineral component of these supplement tablets contains zinc which helps promote hair growth and keeps the hair follicles healthy.Q. Are immunity and wellness supplement tablets safe for the elderly?
Physiological functions tend to decrease with an increase in age. Your body may not absorb nutrients as a natural consequence of age or because of the medications you take. These supplement tablets help supplement the body with extra nutrients and restore the optimal micronutrients in the body. References
- Vitamins and Minerals | NCCIH.Available from: https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/vitamins-and-minerals
- Mayoclinic. Zinc supplement. [Accessed 22 Feb. 2022] (online) Available from: https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/zinc-supplement-oral-route-parenteral-route/proper-use/drg-20070269#:~:text=Zinc%20supplements%20are%20most%20effective,your%20zinc%20supplement%20with%20meals.
- Supplements for immunity: Benefits and limits.Available from: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/do-supplements-really-benefit-the-immune-system
- Gombart AF, Pierre A, Maggini S. A Review of Micronutrients and the Immune System-Working in Harmony to Reduce the Risk of Infection. Nutrients. 2020 Jan 16;12(1):236. doi: 10.3390/nu12010236. PMID: 31963293; PMCID: PMC7019735.[Accessed 22 Feb. 2022] (online) Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC7019735/
- Ota E, Mori R, Middleton P, Tobe-Gai R, Mahomed K, Miyazaki C, Bhutta ZA. Zinc supplementation for improving pregnancy and infant outcome. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015 Feb 2;2015(2):CD000230. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD000230.pub5. Update in: Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2021 Mar 16;3:CD000230. PMID: 25927101; PMCID: PMC7043363.[Accessed 22 Feb. 2022] (online) Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC7043363/
- Suzuki H, Asakawa A, Li JB, Tsai M, Amitani H, Ohinata K, Komai M, Inui A. Zinc as an appetite stimulator - the possible role of zinc in the progression of diseases such as cachexia and sarcopenia. Recent Pat Food Nutr Agric. 2011 Sep;3(3):226-31. doi: 10.2174/2212798411103030226. PMID: 21846317.[Accessed 22 Feb. 2022] (online) Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21846317/
- Zinc - Consumer. Available from: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Zinc-Consumer/
- Top 5 vitamins you can take all the time - AZ Big Media. Available from: https://azbigmedia.com/lifestyle/health-fitness/top-5-vitamins-you-can-take-all-the-time/
- Multivitamin Side Effects: Timespan and When to Be Concerned. Available from: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/multivitamin-side-effects#dosage
- Nutrient requirements for Indians – ICMR-NIN, 2020 - Metabolic Health Digest. Available from: https://www.metabolichealthdigest.com/nutrient-requirements-for-indians-icmr-nin-2020/